Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Karma Good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shazzam47

Recruiter

03-13-2012

I have heard that she is, but that she just does not fit in the meta. She seems cool, and I've been thinking about buying her. But first, I want to know from you all if she is good right now and if so, in what role?

The Bodhisattva

03-13-2012

Yes, also the most fun champ in the game to master, and rape with.

Ruthless Sophie

03-13-2012

As long as you know when to pick her and what team comps she fits into. Her heal is a %health missing heal and her shield needs to have a target if it's going to be mantra bombed. Meaning her kit has potential with team mates who have High HP or are very tanky and get right into the middle of the fight on the front line.

THink of champions like Nasus, Irelia, Mordekaiser, Nocturne Xin those champs are great team mates, they either have gap closers or just get all up in there...

If you plan on 0 CS supporting with Karma do not spam your heal ever , just mitigate with your sheild it happens to be the strongest physical damage sheild in the game. You can also deprive enemy's of last hits by sheilding your creeps.

Joseph Moffett

Recruiter

03-13-2012

who?

Americant

03-13-2012

Who's Karma?

Regimentz

03-13-2012

Shes good at being bad so yeah you can says shes good at something.

Healcannon

03-13-2012

karma fans will tell you anything and everything about karma.....dont trust them

YellowJoe

03-13-2012

She is good if you have time to practice with her. Her early game is usually an AP casting mage so mid lane would be good for her. Mid-game she ties into AP/Support her heal works well on tanks but not well on low hp carries since it works as a flat amount 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 / 135 +5% + X% missing (Scales off AP 1% per 50AP above 25AP). Then not to also forgot the heal also does damage to foes in the cone also thus making it a nice team fight move.

Then her ability 'Inner Flame' makes her even more deadly since Karma gains up to 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 increased ability power corresponding to her percentage of missing health. So that makes her heal/shield/spell that more powerful when she's harrased.

The only problem however is people don't play her competitively since there are better champions to pick and fill a specific role since karma tends to fill many roles and others don't know how to play with a karma since they sometimes lacks knowledge of her. However I think the 'better' champions are usually picked for a few reasons:

1 - Usually overpowered no matter how much everyone wants to be blind to it. Plain and simple they are just to unbalanced for other champions who are good to compete.

2 - Other champions are just sub-par and need a tiny fix or major overhaul. Karma for example is balanced on her overall kit but some karma players (few and far inbetween) find that she would be a bit better if her spells scaled better than level 5 type spells since her 'Ultimate' only modifies her 3 skills. Then also giving karma 3 mantra charges instead of two would also help.

3 - People simply are sheep and follow what "Pro Players" do. In most cases you can tell this is the problem but you can't really fix it.

Mooninites

03-13-2012

she needs farm so I'd say she is good top or mid. I play her as support karma alot (0 cs) but often it takes until late game or atleast a few items to get strong. That said, she is probably the strongest late game support

Nezgul

03-13-2012

Her status at the moment is considered poor by the majority of people. Not saying I agree, but a lot of people view her as a subpar support and AP.

Regardless, isn't she getting reworked anyways? (According to Guinsoo.)