Fiora Solo Top Guide [wtb Feedback]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hansori

03-13-2012

Played Fiora for about 100 games (normal/ranked) since her release. Tested her jungle /lane and almost every build. This is the first guide I ever wrote. I'd appreciate it if you guys would take a look and give some feedback : )

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...62931331379910

thereggin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

21/9/0 masteries
no cleaver

dont really need wriggles.. jsut couple dorans and vamp straight to BT... GA... IE/LW depending on armor stack then build other... another BT or mallet.. boots are mercs or tabis.

dont need AS as you have ur steroid...wait for most CCs are initially blown before engaging... save ult for when low to lifesteal ur HP back... ult in beginning of fight = dead/useless fiora

Ferrio

03-13-2012

Don't get wriggles unless you're jungling, get doran blades and early brutalizer instead (sell brut late game). Aim to snowball, wriggles is not for snowballing.

Always get Whisper instead of cleaver. Cleaver is nice, but last whisper is more garunteed to get you the armor reduction. You don't need the attack speed (that's what you're E is for), and in team fights the proc won't be effective for your ult.

Not to mention late game whisper will reduce more if they're armor stacking.

ShowMeYourMoves

03-13-2012

I scanned through your guide (Sorry, no extra time to spare)

There are some stuff I personally would change. But, it is pretty much personal preference

I like to take ghost instead of flash, but they both have their use.

Item build, I am not sure about using flash and no frozen mallet. She may have double dash, but she also cannot stop enemy from running. After your second dash, you will be very easily kited unless you use your ult.

You need some form of chasing ability outside your gap closer. Otherwise, you will probably land 3 hits and your target will escape afterward. (I know her burst of speed gives move speed, but that alone is just not enough)

I take ghost because it solves her chasing problem. You can glue onto your target with ease.

Your build is similar to mine, glass cannon build. I like it that way too. She is hard to catch and kill in team fight if you work the messy battle to your advantage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like your lane opponent summary.

I'd say you might want to add Sion on there.His kit actually counters Fiora quite a bit.
I know he isn't played often, but he will give you a very painful time after lv 6.

He will also out damage you early game if he uses his kit right.

(shield your dash damage, runs back until your W wear off, and Q stun your burst of speed. His passive also massively reduce your early game damage. His E also gives higher AD bonus than your W. Once he is lv 6, his sustain makes it impossible for you to trade blow. you lose 50% hp, he loses 50% but then he pop his ult and heal from minion waves)

Hansori

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereggin View Post
21/9/0 masteries
no cleaver

dont really need wriggles.. jsut couple dorans and vamp straight to BT... GA... IE/LW depending on armor stack then build other... another BT or mallet.. boots are mercs or tabis.

dont need AS as you have ur steroid...wait for most CCs are initially blown before engaging... save ult for when low to lifesteal ur HP back... ult in beginning of fight = dead/useless fiora
I like having wriggle because of the baron/dragon slaying power it gives Fiora. She dishes out so much damage to them with wriggle with her AS steroid and can also tank them quite well with her riposte.

The fact still stands that all her damage is AA outside of her ulti. Just because she already has some AS doesn't mean she doesn't benefit from having even more AS. More AS allows her to pump out more AA.

And yes I said that about ulti. Now I'm not sure if you actually read the thing :<

Ferrio

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by applethin View Post
I like having wriggle because of the baron/dragon slaying power it gives Fiora. She dishes out so much damage to them with wriggle with her AS steroid and can also tank them quite well with her riposte.

The fact still stands that all her damage is AA outside of her ulti. Just because she already has some AS doesn't mean she doesn't benefit from having even more AS. More AS allows her to pump out more AA.
She doesn't need more. You pretty much are close to cap with E alone, and after a kill it gets refreshed so you should have access to it a lot. Not to mention her ult is her only way to stay in the fight. Since you don't really get the effect of cleaver during your ult (unless 1v1), you're not dishing out as much damage as with whisper, so in turn you're not healing back as much. Attack speed means nothing if you're dead.

Woot Elite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Played Fiora for about 100 games (normal/ranked) since her release. Tested her jungle /lane and almost every build. This is the first guide I ever wrote. I'd appreciate it if you guys would take a look and give some feedback : )

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...62931331379910
what I've seen with Fiora is that there is no need to build full carry build. A tanky dps build is good enough. that build is 100x more effective on Riven. It works more on Riven because she has A shield that scales with Ad for defense and many ways to escape I find Frozen atmogs with 1 blood thirstier/wriggles much more effective. Although If you want to build glasscannon you should sell wriggles for LW always.

Ferrio

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Elite View Post
what I've seen with Fiora is that there is no need to build full carry build. A tanky dps build is good enough. that build is 100x more effective on Riven. It works more on Riven because she has A shield that scales with Ad for defense and many ways to escape I find Frozen atmogs with 1 blood thirstier/wriggles much more effective. Although If you want to build glasscannon you should sell wriggles for LW always.
The reason you don't go tanky is it takes too long to do damage, by the time you have the items that give you the damage you need it's too late.

Also she has plenty of reasons to go full AD. Her AD scaling on her Q and her ult is amazing, not to mention her steroid effectiveness is directly tied to her AD output. She heals more, and does more damage with her ult which keeps her in the fight (I've gotton that thing to do 900 dmg per hit).

There's no reason to go tanky, she's mean tot do damage, she helps no no going tanky and you might as well pick a real bruiser if you wanna go that way.

Hansori

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Elite View Post
There is 0 reason to play Fiora if you're going for a tanky dps. Many other solo tops do that better that can actually stun/peel.

Ferrio

03-13-2012

Quote:
There is 0 reason to play Fiora if you're going for a tanky dps. Many other solo tops do that better that can actually stun/peel.
Exactly.

Anyways your build is pretty much almost mine, except the latern, and cleaver.

Try a brutalizer (and a doran or two) instead a latern for a few games, the cooldown reduction is a godsend for her ult, as well as the early game armor pen. Just pick up a single vamp scept for your life steal until you get your bloodthirster.