Lane switch already!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

03-13-2012

I frequently run into situations where the opponent counter-picks mid or top and my team refuses to lane switch. That lane ends up losing hard and it makes the rest of the game incredibly hard as we have to effective 4v5.

What's the deal here? Why are people so resistant to lane switching?

Are they too set in the existing strategy of "mid is AP, top is bruiser. LoL will crash and uninstall if we change it".

Or are they too committed to a strategy? "NO! I said that I was top, and you said that YOU were mid! LoL will crash and uninstall if we change it!"

Or perhaps are they too proud to admit that they're likely to lose the lane or are in progress of losing the lane. "It's cool, I know Kassadin counters my champ, but my E-***** is too big for me to lane switch. Also LoL will crash and uninstall if we change lanes."

Am I crazy in thinking that lane switching can make up for getting counter picked and is a viable solution? I get that there's an opportunity cost in the transition time, but you can time it so that minimal (if any) creeps are lost. Really, if you're getting pushed out of lane and you don't think you can do much about it, it's probably a good idea to call for a lane switch. Right?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Some people are just too stubborn to think and switch

There is a reason why Caitlyn rape Kass, yet no that many mid will give up on their position to the AD carry.

FaerellG

03-13-2012

See the thing I don't get is this:

"What the ancients called a clever fighter is
one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease."
Sun Tzu's Art of War, Chapter 4, Line 11

The gist of this is why make it more difficult on yourself. If the laneswitch will confer an advantage to the team then do it. If you want to win, you shouldn't by trying to force exceptionally close and hard matchups. You should be picking the easiest matchups that your team can arrange. It doesn't matter if you won a closely fought game or a steamroller of a game. A win is a win and you should aim to steamroll your opponents if the opportunity arises. Laning Matchups are largely what govern who will win against who and thusly steam roll.

Cenerae

03-13-2012

I think it's because people don't want to admit that they can't handle their lane. Because that would mean they admitted they actually need help, and many people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions in the game.

It's quite stupid really. It's even stupider when you get the lane switch and the opponents don't follow suit.

Devious Rogue

03-13-2012

Go and force a triple lane then, or duo mid, and they'll switch. But that call is not one to be made lightly.

falcolink

03-13-2013

first thing, idont usually change my lane unless i cant farm under tower range if you cant farm like this first tell your jungle to camp mid if that doesnt work ill swich lanes, in solo queue an smart team will let you change lanes.

as for the meta 1,1,1,2, if you know how your team comp works you can came with crazy things on lanes like bot AP nidalee and soraka(for crazy domination) with an AD caster on top and a supportive jungler like maokay/urdyr hit harder in the minds of the enemy team just have to be creative and SMART at time when you team is about to pick.

another thing if you are lossing your lane and die and die, actually if you are farming is a good think (sound weird but is real) after you top, or bot take down his tower you can go there and push like mad bait 1,2 people and split them since you dont worth be killed at that point (your death will be paided for 20g if you die 7times or more in a row ) is important to dont make kills but ass much assist as you can to get gold but not lose your death streak cuz that make you a treat for you enemy team contantly spliting them. if they dont come for you you will take 1-2 tower in the way and you are getting again in the game for constant farm.

please people learn to use you brain is a game of strategy not brute force..!