ITT we post our win strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Failosipher

03-13-2012

Basically we give away our win strategies. Why would I do this? Because I care more about promoting dominion than my ELO. So here you go, my short list of things I do / champs I play in order to climb. Credentials (for what its worth), 1900-2000 elo player.

1. Premade. Always try to at least duo q or even quad q. Skype also. You will probably doubt me on this until you've tried it.

2. Play the same champs over and over. In fact, I only rotate about 4 champs on dominion. The longer you play a champ, the more new small things you'll discover that you can do, in order to improve your gameplay.

3. My lineup:
a. Urgot - lol if hes not banned I'm playing him. (merc treads, sheen, frozen heart, last whisper)
b. Ryze - backup hyper-carry to urgot (tear, sorc boots, odins, frozen, wota, and a giants belt)
c. Fizz* - #1 troll on dominion besides shaco (lich bane, mob boots, glacial, and a dfg)
d. Ziggs* - big ap carry with good range and an amazing dominion ult. (roa, lich bane, sorc boots, rabadons)

* = almost always available and never banned.

4. Be prepared to play bot. Always. 3/4 of my champs (above) can all dominate bottom lane, while still being very strong top.

5. Dont pick blindly. Look at your team. If you have 3 ranged, dont pick a 4th ranged. If you have 2 tanks, dont pick a 3rd tank.

6. Criticize your teammates for their mistakes, but point out how they can correct them. Ex: "could have had top if we fought under tower, cough gangplank".

7. Hindsight is 20/20. What this means is, you'll always look back and see your errors. Use your death time to examine why you died, and what you could have done better. Learn from your own mistakes and consciously avoid them in the future. This is particularly true for things like not fighting under tower, getting caught in jungle, and other stupid mistakes we all tend to make.

8. Stare at the map. Don't know how many times I've called switches, bottom ganks, and/or backdoors because I count 5 opponents on the map and know I can get away with something.

9. Respawn timers. Keeping track of when opponents are up will allow you to time your b's better and will give you a better understanding of where and when to be. Also, this is probably the only thing you can do to 'counter' revives.

10. Build to counter your opponents. This seems so obvious but I see new players making this mistake over and over again. You'll notice my builds for my 4 champs arn't a complete 6 items (with the exception of ryze). This is because as a player, you need to build more armor, or more magic resist depending on the team your facing. This principle is MOST true at bottom lane.

Post your advice/strats, and lets get dominion where it needs to be. GL HF.

FDru

03-13-2012

Roll with a premade and play OP champs?

The only thing that could make this thread better is if it isn't satire.

Failosipher

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Roll with a premade and play OP champs?

The only thing that could make this thread better is if it isn't satire.
If by OP you mean "strongest" then fine. You don't see the pro's picking up viktor do you? No, and theres probably a reason for that. Strong picks make for strong wins.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

My winning strategy is very easy

Play as a team, work together as a team, cooperate as a team, communicate as a team and win as a team

DEFACT0

03-13-2012

shen

Failosipher

03-13-2012

Bump. Looks like nobody wants to give away details. Would like to see more feedback concerning champs / builds.

KanyeMane

03-13-2012

Well, this information might be helpful to new players...

Not really win strategy tbh, more like Basic dominion knowledge anyone should know =P
If people are not looking at their team comp or picking blindly in first place, then obviously they don't take dom seriously.

I wouldn't criticize too much on Dom either, people either ignore, or rage because of the casual nature

I 100% absolutely agree with 2 and 4 however.
Master a few champs that do well in dominion.
Most importantly, Get good at bottom if you wanna carry solo Q games.

Failosipher

03-13-2012

Bump. Can't possibly be this few people willing to offer advice.

Nilat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

How exactly is Fizz a troll champ on Dom?

EinzigerAI

03-13-2012

Yorick, Urgot or Malz (ap/ad) bot lane. Carry from the bottom!