DFG rush on TF

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Geppetto

03-13-2012

I saw this played successfully over the summer but have not seen it since. I myself never play TF but it seems like this would make for strong (and hilarious) roaming ganks.

Anybody have experience running this? What can you tell me? Why don't I see more DFG rush TFs abusing all the lanes?

Roshay

03-13-2012

Because TF is trash unless in organised teams on voice chat.

Infectious

03-13-2012

Because DFG range is fairly short and he doesn't have Veigar-esque burst.

A fat lawn gnome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious99 View Post
Because DFG range is fairly short and he doesn't have Veigar-esque burst.
Yeah, because it's not like TF has to get in that close anyways to stun them or anything.

laboratorium

03-13-2012

Because TF doesn't have great burst from his abilities, so you drop DFG on someone, then you've still got 60% of their health to sustained damage down. Lichbane or Deathcap makes his sustained damage so much better than he can kill people quicker that way. The reason DFG works so well on Veigar or Leblanc is because they can naturally burst you for 70% of your health, so the DFG just finished off the job. DFG TF might be good if the side lanes are semi-bursty.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

the problem is TF doesn't really have the burst to kill someone fast

with TF you poke someone till he is low then you finish him and DFG to low person is really big lose to its potential

Razy5shift

03-13-2012

dfg is only good for ganks, as that will be the only time where you will be on somebodys face.

ganking with ult i mean.

as for actual teamfights, useless. but at least it gives him a higher 1v1 threat, because he can hardly full hp someone

volaju

03-13-2012

I wouldn't rush it, but the pick is good early, and the finished product is good as a second or third item.

One thing to remember about DFG TF is that TF gets passive CDR already, and generally picks up blue buff, and can cap out with a blue elixir, and he also doesn't typically struggle with mana thanks to blue card, so already some of the passive stats on DFG are less than necessary (still good, but not needed.)

If you want early burst, sorc shoes + sheen + kages + a couple dorans is going to function to a degree, and you will want straight up AP for your wild card farming and poking, so a deathcap should generally be bought as your first big item. Following that, a lichbane, DFG, voidstaff, or whatever can do fine, just base it off your matchup. If they have low armor, get lichbane. If they have high HP, DFG is more appealing. blah blah

Ergheis

03-13-2012

The biggest problem is that he runs out of mana so fast, even with that mana regen on DFG.

Nowadays, with blue buff, TF can land 40% reallllly easily, so DFG might be legitimate.

Kėno

03-13-2012

Fascinate (plat-ranked TF player) sometimes goes DFG for the extra burst, but doesn't rush it. He builds the gp5 dagger early on and leaves it at that.