Charged 100 dollars for nothing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dianetics

08-04-2010

No response yet.

Darkezio

08-04-2010

(Bump) Just a suggestion for those that want RP. You can get RP pre-paid cards in Best Buy and a few other stores. A lot less hassle than buying directly from Riot... at least right now it is.

Bobzitto

08-04-2010

Unless you live on a country where pre-paid cards are not sold >_<

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

08-04-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Almost every time a charge shows up on a bank account after an error in the store, it's because the charge was authorized by one party, and not by the other (our bank vs your bank). Since one of the banks rejected the charge, the funds never leave your account, but they stay in this 'pre-auth' or 'pending' state until the banks decide to release the funds.

You're welcome to send the transaction info to support, and we'll check the transaction ourselves as soon as we can (but it may be 3-7 days right now). However, in nearly all cases, the funds get returned on their own without any action on our end.

Generally, if your bank declines the charge, the funds get returned in a few days. If your bank approves, but our bank declines, it can take a bit longer (depends on which bank you use, but never more than 30 days, usually much less). In the second case, your bank is still allowing us to claim the charge if we want to, but since our bank says no, we can't take the funds without messy accounting. It's not possible to get the Riot Points you were trying to buy out of any of these declined charges, regardless of which bank declined.

l1gold

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Almost every time a charge shows up on a bank account after an error in the store, it's because the charge was authorized by one party, and not by the other (our bank vs your bank). Since one of the banks rejected the charge, the funds never leave your account, but they stay in this 'pre-auth' or 'pending' state until the banks decide to release the funds.

You're welcome to send the transaction info to support, and we'll check the transaction ourselves as soon as we can (but it may be 3-7 days right now). However, in nearly all cases, the funds get returned on their own without any action on our end.

Generally, if your bank declines the charge, the funds get returned in a few days. If your bank approves, but our bank declines, it can take a bit longer (depends on which bank you use, but never more than 30 days, usually much less). In the second case, your bank is still allowing us to claim the charge if we want to, but since our bank says no, we can't take the funds without messy accounting. It's not possible to get the Riot Points you were trying to buy out of any of these declined charges, regardless of which bank declined.

There's also an article in the KB that has a listing of store errors and what to do:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...urchase+Errors
I Just started into this game a few days ago when a friend shown it to me. Since it looks so great, and I do respect the players who made dota (I worked on dday a 3 corrs map so I know what is to make a free thing for others to complain with no money in return), I was seriously considering into buying RP.....

But seriously u gotta work on that payment stuff. Even the link u posted dont work. I mean I have had this problem even with blizzard in the past, nobody is perfect, but their response times and effectiveness where waay better.

Head up, u got a great game in here, u just need to polish certain things.

Dorgyll

08-04-2010

The link was cut off, l1gold. The correct link is http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...urchase+Errors if I'm not mistaken.

Also, this stuff is minor since it's not taking any of your money. It's more like 'lining it up to be taken'. When the first 'batch' goes through there is little chance that the additional batches will also go through. So you will only be charged once.

Also, to those of you complaining... previously, Warhammer Online had a HUGE fiasco occur where they charged people upwards of $200 for their subscriptions. These were not 'in limbo', these were full out charges. I think Mythic is *still* having those billing issues. A hiccup in billing occurs every once in a while, even in major companies (Blizzard, EAMythic) that deal with recurring payments.

ExaggeratedToast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

i just made a purchase half an hour ago for riot points and then notice you had an add saying i would get an extra 300 points for purchases between the 14th and 31st of dec.

i would like to know how this is redeemed or if it had not been granted because i didn't use the link in the add?

endian01

12-27-2011

bump

Lexide

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post

There's also an article in the KB that has a listing of store errors and what to do:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...urchase+Errors
If the transaction still reads pending, you MAY get the money back. You may not, either way at the very moment your out of money for nothing. Why dont you work on making sure that the RP gets there instead of charging for money first and worrying about handing out the RP later. If i was trying to purchase RP and i got an error saying sorry the shop isnt working try again later would be great. But thats not the case, you charge our bank accounts first then issue the error after we have already completed the transaction. I dont want any charges on my bank account pending or not on something i didnt recieve.

BungalowBanshee

12-27-2011

Why the hell would you bump a thread thats over a year old?