Who counters Olaf in solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallant Spike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Full Armor Malphite Top does great against Olaf. Granite Shield blocks axes + reckless swings while ground slam keeps his ridiculous auto-attack steroids at bay. Plus if you have regrowth pendant it'll be a challenge for him to throw you out of lane without wasting mana.

Riggs417

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2012

Shy and Irelia do work on him. But dont forget the king of the top solo yorick. Ghouls, Slows, Lifesteals. Get him a manamune and he is a horrible top solo to have to deal with

L0rd Greybeard

04-12-2012

Yorick is the best solo top youl have no trouble with him as Yorick

L0rd Greybeard

04-12-2012

someone else already wrote that but its bassically because of common sense. your never really actually SOLO TOP as yorick

Zakurai

04-12-2012

Personally i like lee sin against him.. just level shield first and slow and you should be fine unless they get jungler help

noobAko

04-12-2012

nasus owns him

Siikqt

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallant Spike View Post
Full Armor Malphite Top does great against Olaf. Granite Shield blocks axes + reckless swings while ground slam keeps his ridiculous auto-attack steroids at bay. Plus if you have regrowth pendant it'll be a challenge for him to throw you out of lane without wasting mana.
You have no clue what you're talking about, he crushes malphite. Malphite builds armor and you don't build armor against olaf, you build health. I don't know why the guy who suggested mundo got downvoted as mundo actually does really well against olaf. considering at worst you can farm with cleavers till ulti is up if he gets you low. Lee sin is actually really good (or was really good at least before W nerf) against olaf. As lee naturally builds health eventually he'll start winning against him. Rumble isn't bad if he shields the true damage properly. Olaf beats vlad out hard early game, vlad has no early damage, you abuse this as olaf and rush a hexdrinker and you win early, if you don't snowball vlad will eventually start to win though. I beat rivens most the time as olaf, as you're better than riven early game, there's a point where riven will beat you in trades, but once again a little later you'll start to pull ahead again in trades.

Reposition

05-21-2012

Olaf gets hard countered by Shen early game, the enormous damage is just too OP. Also, lee sin can beat him early as well. Just max W and sustain through his first burst of E. After that, his damage is all autos

Greekwog

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absynce View Post
fiora crushes him top, can poke hard and hit back if he tries to do anythign about it, and olaf gets strong in that last 20% HP battle, but with fioras ult u just LOL
I personally LOVE when people pick Fiora against my Olaf. Free lane for me

Greekwog

05-22-2012

Voli does decent vs Olaf too I think