Journal of Justice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Styric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

I was just curious as to why it's been so long since there has been a Journal of Justice release. Has Riot decided to stop creating official lore? When can we expect to start seeing these again?
I for one greatly enjoyed them

Ask Talon

04-09-2012

The JoJ has shuffled off this mortal coil.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styric View Post
I was just curious as to why it's been so long since there has been a Journal of Justice release. Has Riot decided to stop creating official lore? When can we expect to start seeing these again?
I for one greatly enjoyed them
This passage is dated 01/06/2012:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRaven View Post
Dear fans of League of Legends lore:

You've undoubtedly noticed that we have not released Judgments for our most recent characters, nor have we updated the Journal of Justice within recent months. While we have enjoyed providing you with these additional windows into the Lore of our Champions and the world of Runeterra, we have come to realize that the formats we'd chosen have their limitations. Judgments are stories limited in that they occur only during the intake of a Champion into the League of Legends. The Journal of Justice is limited in that it can only contain in-setting journalistic articles. We have found that these limitations are preventing us from providing you with the background and stories that we really want to share with you, ones that will better appeal to a broad audience.

We have been examining the best way to do this and are still in the process of doing so. However, in the mean time, we will no longer be releasing Judgments. We need to take the time we put into those pieces of fiction and apply it towards finding a better solution. We will be concluding the in-progress storylines and completing the Journal of Justice over two issues, as soon as we spin up the required art resources.

We should have a clearer picture of what will fill these Lore vacuums over the coming months and will keep you updated. Thank you for caring about the Lore behind League of Legends. We promise that what comes next will satisfy!