Kayle Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Ajax

04-28-2012

Kayle was the first champion I ever play almost 2 years ago now.

As seems to have happened with everyone, I seem to stopped playing her (most probably because I stunk with her), but am looking to get back to playing her.

Could anyone recommend a good attacking Kayle Build and a few general tips runes and on how to play her (what lane, etc)?

Thanks.

FrostAU

04-28-2012

I'm pretty good with her (Summoners and Dominion) and I find the best way to build her is to start out AP and transition into a kind of on-hit. Runes/Masteries are down to preference, I'd say Spell Pen from Offence is essential but whether you build full offence with utility or full utility w/ offence is up to you.

You can solo top or even mid as Kayle (she pokes really well with her Q + E) but I find it easiest to play her in place of the ranged carry down Bot as a carry.

The set up I generally use is start Boots + 3 health potions, grab Fiendish Tome, Berserker Greaves (I use Sorcerer's, Berserker's is more typical), Malady, Nashor's Tooth, Wit's End then you'll just build whatever the game requires. Good options include Banshee's Veil (her ult doesn't stop CC), Ionic Spark and Blood Razor (both solid for on-hit).

You'll typically max out Q first (it's a strong early game nuke and you'll oom with the other two).

Kayle is very under-rated/appreciated, most people don't "get" her as she's a hybrid character or just view her as support as she can assist team-mates and AoE debuff with her passive but they don't realize just how nasty she is as a carry. With enough attack speed for her passive along with the on-hit damage from Righteous Fury and the multiplier from her Q you'll obliterate pretty much anything. Just get used to supporting earlier on before you get fed as you'll lack power early game.

TeknoWizard

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinfrost View Post
The set up I generally use is start Boots + 3 health potions, grab Fiendish Tome, Berserker Greaves (I use Sorcerer's, Berserker's is more typical), Malady, Nashor's Tooth, Wit's End then you'll just build whatever the game requires. Good options include Banshee's Veil (her ult doesn't stop CC), Ionic Spark and Blood Razor (both solid for on-hit).
My only objection is that your whole build is, for the most part, early/mid game items. When I play Kayle, (At solo top, just because she wins trades with literally everyone but Jax), I start with Boots and three health potions. On my first back, I pick up two Doran's Blades, then on my next back I want a BF sword. Then I finish either an Infinity Edge, or a Black Cleaver depending on what the other team is building. Then I grab a Phantom Dancer. From there, I start stacking things just to keep me durable. Frozen Mallet is really annoying on Kayle, because I'm pretty sure it counts her E attacks as melee, so the permaslow is wonderful. Wit's end, as said by the other person, is a solid option on Kayle.

Of course, my whole idea for playing her came from a guide by Rincent who really showed exactly how to play her. Here is a link to it. http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22452

FrostAU

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
My only objection is that your whole build is, for the most part, early/mid game items. When I play Kayle, (At solo top, just because she wins trades with literally everyone but Jax), I start with Boots and three health potions. On my first back, I pick up two Doran's Blades, then on my next back I want a BF sword. Then I finish either an Infinity Edge, or a Black Cleaver depending on what the other team is building. Then I grab a Phantom Dancer. From there, I start stacking things just to keep me durable. Frozen Mallet is really annoying on Kayle, because I'm pretty sure it counts her E attacks as melee, so the permaslow is wonderful. Wit's end, as said by the other person, is a solid option on Kayle.

Of course, my whole idea for playing her came from a guide by Rincent who really showed exactly how to play her. Here is a link to it. http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22452
That's another way of playing her as her passive also debuffs armour, I prefer stacking abilities (items) which lower MR along with ability power and on-hit magic damage to take advantage of their lowered magic defense. The way I play her is AP / ASPD, it's an on hit hybrid build probably closest to something you might find on Teemo though it works incredibly well due to her passive, q multiplier and on hit magic damage from Righteous Fury + Wits End + Malady and any late-game weapons you might afford.

Dark Ajax

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post

That is actually the very guide I found when I looked for a Kayle guide online. Since I play a lot of on-hit Teemo, I am sort of leaning towards that. The only way to find out is to get some solid games in. Oh boy, I remember the last time, i tried to give kayle a chance Was not pretty lol