New items:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0R30

03-11-2012

Hybrid:
Vampiric Scepter 450
Sapphire Crystal 400
Dagger 420
recipie 230
total 1200

Stave of Souls

13% Life steal, 17% attack speed +475 mana
Unique Passive: 12% of damage done (physical attacks) is turned into mana regen over 5 seconds
(stacks 4 times (stacks are effected like potions (2 are not active at once, but they activatge in squence with each other)))

Dorans crown
Dorans blade 475
Dorans ring 475
Dorans shield 475
Elisia's mirical 1300
recipie 275
total 3000
450 hp, 30 AP, 25 AD, 5% spell vamp, 5% lifesteal, 40hp/5, 35mana/5,
Unique Passive: 35 Tenacity

NUMBERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THIS THREAD WILL BE IMPROOVED OFTEN!!

dukevonart

03-11-2012

I don't really feel that any item that would be made from the doran's items will be implemented, as they are cost efficient early on with the later cost being that they don't build into anything.

The stave is interesting but probably needs to be tuned down a fair amount as it would pretty much negate any mana issues at all early game for any champion who auto-attacks frequently. There's not really a shortage of characters who would benefit from this item, there's also probably not a shortage of characters who could abuse this item.

Something to keep in mind is that there is one champion who already has an passive similar to this. Taric gains 7.5% of the damage he deals with auto attacks as mana, with this item, he'd gain 19.5% with the current numbers, while also benefiting fairly well from the lifesteal, attack speed, and extra mana.

What is the targeted use of this item, who wants it, who benefits from it? Think about this from the perspective of different roles (top/mid/bot/jungle and support/ad carry/ ap carry/ etc.)

Epjest

03-11-2012

Doran's Crown will never happen. I'll use a perfect example as to why.

Malphite is solo'ing top and starts off with a Dorans Ring.
He recalls and buys a philo stone so he can have more mana regen and sustain
Because he needs armor to fight his lane opponent, he buys a Doran's shield next.
He then buys Ninja Tabi for additional armor, and since he gets Tenacity elsewhere later.
Malphite now needs 475(Dorans Blade) + 500(Eliesa's Recipe) + 275(Recipe) = 1250g
To upgrade his "early game power" into "End game amazing" whenever he feels he needs more item slots.

Dorans Items are SO cost efficient, giving them any upgrade that isn't completely gold-inefficient, which would never get built then, removes the strategy of "Should I build a dorans for early game strength, or start on my end game build?"

Note: I used one of the best champions for this item skewing it somewhat, but you get the idea.

PS: I have no opinion on the staff either way, I doubt I'd buy it on anyone however.

0R30

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukevonart View Post
I don't really feel that any item that would be made from the doran's items will be implemented, as they are cost efficient early on with the later cost being that they don't build into anything.

The stave is interesting but probably needs to be tuned down a fair amount as it would pretty much negate any mana issues at all early game for any champion who auto-attacks frequently. There's not really a shortage of characters who would benefit from this item, there's also probably not a shortage of characters who could abuse this item.

Something to keep in mind is that there is one champion who already has an passive similar to this. Taric gains 7.5% of the damage he deals with auto attacks as mana, with this item, he'd gain 19.5% with the current numbers, while also benefiting fairly well from the lifesteal, attack speed, and extra mana.

What is the targeted use of this item, who wants it, who benefits from it? Think about this from the perspective of different roles (top/mid/bot/jungle and support/ad carry/ ap carry/ etc.)
i was thinking about ap casters/carrys and hybrid chars to use it,also ad users that are constenly mana starved. i never really anticipated supports using it, certain junglers could use it as well (skarner, trundle, ect).

HunterlovesSam

04-06-2012

The stave seems op because ash eand sivir would be able to hav unlimited mana for cheap and get a decent amount of lifesteal