How do you counter Fiora?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nV Darth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

This is an honest question, doesn't matter if i am the tank/support/ or even a hyper carry in the game, a decent Fiora can just ult on the squishies. Unlike Katarina you can't interrupt your ult so how do you shut her down?

SavageKantus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nV Darth View Post
This is an honest question, doesn't matter if i am the tank/support/ or even a hyper carry in the game, a decent Fiora can just ult on the squishies. Unlike Katarina you can't interrupt your ult so how do you shut her down?
Frozen heart, Exhaust, Thornmail, Many items can help counter her.

A Life Unfair

03-11-2012

I think the more important question is how do you counter her in lane because if she dominates lane, then it won't matter a lot of the time what you do to her with that ult she's got. The only thing I can think of is play an AP top. I'd like to see how Mordekaiser does against her.

Billeh Beast

03-11-2012

nasus actually counters quite well. he has a built in exhaust and with his farmed q can out sustain her.

sirish92

Recruiter

03-11-2012

Supression ults like malzahar or ww make her waste her ult if you hit yours at the same time

EvilBread121

03-11-2012

Tbh i have found that the best way to counter fiora is with lee sin imo.

Poseidos

03-11-2012

You can interrupt her. Leblanc chain is a good example. and you can damage her with AOE .

Nea De Penserhir

03-11-2012

Silence.

Jamaree

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nV Darth View Post
Well, when in lane, she is very weak to armor and ganks. People say her ulti is OP without realizing she needs that to be viable. She has no escapes or CC, so she needs to do a lot of damage in return. Either way, armor such as Thornmail, Randiun's Omen, and Frozen Heart counter he in lane. CCing when she is using Burst of Speed makes her useless. Her ultimate is simply don't be bunched together, think of it like Amumu's ultimate, you wouldn't be bunched up for that, same concept. So armor, ganks, and not bunching up in team fights.

Muspelheim SN

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidos View Post
You can interrupt her. Leblanc chain is a good example. and you can damage her with AOE .
If she's affected by AOE while in Blade Waltz, can a well timed AOE stun like Riven's Ki Burst stun Fiora out of her ulti? I've been curious about this for a while but never tried it.

Besides that, armor and ganks. Ninja Tabi goes a long ways against her in lane. You can always trade them in for Merc Treads later once you have a better armor item. Fiora's sustain is mediocre, so it isn't that hard to out sustain her. Garen could probably beat her by out sustaining her with his passive. When she comes in to harass he could break her combo with his silence and then spin on her face. Someone with a good stun should also do well, she's really fragile if you can pin her down.

I would imagine that Wukong can use his clone to partially dodge Blade Waltz and escape her other harass. He's also very good at bursting down squishy champs, so he should be a counter. The only hard part would be baiting out riposte before landing crushing blow. Maybe E-->AA-->Q instead of E-->Q so if she ripostes the instant you jump to her she won't avoid your Q. You'd also have to be careful about this with Garen and decisive strike.