LoL/DotA heroes compared

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aknar

10-19-2009

I would like a thread (haven't found anything yet) where people would express their opinion about wich champion from LoL resemble DotA heroes.I'll start it:

don't rammus reminds you of a certain hero from DotA?Lemme refresh your memory a little,he can ram an enemy across the map resulting in a stun,he can make an enemy move in the opposite direction,he gets a portion of a particular stat as damage.Know about what i;m talking? our ol' friendly lamp-wielding 2 legged cow:Barathrum,the both have high survibability,you're always afraid to get near to them,they can charge you from the other lane,can knock/drag you into your team,

Evelynn is almost a female copy of gondar,both have stealth,high damage spammable skills/attacks,high flat damage finishing blows,and movement speed buffs,and her ulti is a sort of combination of bloodseeker's two passives,heal on kill and high speed chasing

Flakes

10-19-2009

Who's ever heard of a stealthy character in any game doing high damage, having extra mobility, and finishing blows???? Why would an armored charging juggernaut be able to stun things??? DotA is the pinnacle of nuanced hero originality and everything else is a cheap imitation.

Although it is funny that both bara and jax hit people with lamps

Goleeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
Who's ever heard of a stealthy character in any game doing high damage, having extra mobility, and finishing blows????
um stealth is almost useless when everyone has wards and potions and good players buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
Why would an armored charging juggernaut be able to stun things??? DotA is the pinnacle of nuanced hero originality and everything else is a cheap imitation.
Um go play dota and qq else ware although im sure you qq about dota to.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-19-2009

HeimerTinker!

sungkwon

10-19-2009

Jax = Phantom Assassin?

Shaco = Spectre?

Taric = Omninight?

Soraka = Chen?

Heimer = Techies?

Tristana = Sniper?

Warwick = Strygwyr?

Keyn

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goleeb View Post
um stealth is almost useless when everyone has wards and potions and good players buy them.

I think you may want to get your sarcasm meter checked.

This thread fails. "OMG Evelynn has stealth! You know who did that first? DOTA!! (omg I love dota) DotA had the first stealthers and because HoN is the *true* followup to DotA they are allowed to have stealth but like seriously LoL concepts as original as not getting seen are DotA exclusive TRY SOME ORIGINALITY LIKE GEEZE!"

There will always be some similarities. You can take any hero and any champion and point out where they are similar. "omg LoL's new champion has damage-dealing abilities! AGAIN with the DotA clones, Riot! Have you no shame!?"

sungkwon

10-19-2009

Kassadin = Antimage?

Mundo = Pudge?

Nasus = Undying?

Ashe = Priestess of the Moon?

Amumu = Rooftrellan?

Shizz

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungkwon View Post
Kassadin = Antimage?

Mundo = Pudge?

Nasus = Undying?

Ashe = Priestess of the Moon?

Amumu = Rooftrellan?
Blitz = Mechanical Pudge (at least that's how they advertised him)

Ashe = PotM + Drow

Amumu = Rooftrellan + Rattletrap

Nasus = I guess Undying is the closest

Rhinomancer

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goleeb View Post

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic... doh!

Edit: Some one already beat me to it cause I posted before reading the whole thread... doh!

Fail is fail is fail.

Helixfire

07-22-2010

Shaco = Tiny
Heimer = Leviathan

obviously