Help, I'm addicted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrissyChan

03-11-2012

I am addicted to this game. No matter how many bad teams I get, or how many trolls I get stuck with, or how many times I uninstall or get banned I keep coming back. =( I'm afraid soon enough I'm actually gonna start spending money on it.
What do? Can anyone help me become UN-addicted? :c

ZOOKlE

03-11-2012

I was spending money on this game before I was addicted

then I became addicted, and now I'm living under a bridge

Cipherz

03-11-2012

I've taken a break from the game just because of FF13x2, ME3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Gears 3 and a lot of other great games that are out at the moment. Finding a hobby or another game that you enjoy just as much works pretty good for me.

swishman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

just get addicted theres no better use of time anyway

Itstrucktwice

03-11-2012

Get a girlfriend. Every time you feel like playing league of legends have *** instead.

If she doesn't want to that often, get a new girlfriend.

Getjiggywithit2

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstrucktwice View Post
Get a girlfriend. Every time you feel like playing league of legends have *** instead.

No girl wants to have *** that often sadly. Try looking for a boyfriend instead. Men are always up for more ***.

KrissyChan

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstrucktwice View Post

but.. i'm not a lesbian.. D: and there are no guys around my age that live near, sadly..

Levgre

03-11-2012

I think it might partly help to understand exactly why you get addicted.

LoL has some very addicting mechanics.

You level up quickly, which is rewarding
In games you are constantly earning gold/exp, and becoming more powerful.
There is a varied item shop, and saving up and buying new items is fun
Each game is at least a bit different, and each game contributes towards your overall wealth (getting more runes, champions, IP).
The action is fast-paced, so you don't get bored.

Okay, so now you know the core mechanics of addiction.

Part of the way to get less addicted, is to play different games that offer similar experiences, but better. Play a single player RPG game for more deep leveling and gold systems. Play an FPS game for more intense, adrenaline-packed action.

LoL is currently providing you both the fast-paced adrenaline, and reward satisfaction, which normally you get from very different genres. LoL gives you all you really NEED as a player.

But by diversifying your games, you'll realize LoL, while fun, really isn't all that. You get addicted to routines/dangling carrots, not because it's so fun. The way to maximize fun is diversifying your entertainment sources.

Or get a girlfriend... although for some people a GF can be hard to get, and some GF's can end up being more trouble than they are worth.

D474RG

03-11-2012

The first step fighting an addiction is realising u are addicted.

Unfortunately, I dont know the next step.

Muusti

03-11-2012

Try to cut down how many games you play.

i'm also ''addicted'' but in another way, i'm ''addicted'' because im bored and have nothing else to do sometimes

EDIT: I would not say im addicted acctually, i don't think about LoL When im out with friends, or somewhere else.. :P