Using a timer mod for LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaelinh

03-10-2012

I'm watching a stream and the player has some sort of mod to tell them buff/dragon/baron timers. It does a countdown kinda, saying 1 minute...30 seconds....etc.

Is something like this actually allowed? It feels pretty cheap to me.

Zero Hoots Tyler

03-10-2012

I'm not sure if Riot has actually said that these are againt the rules, but most people frown against it.

Dispenser

03-10-2012

Does it automatically figure out when the buffs are respawning?

Say, some guy stole your blue, two minutes later you found out. Does the timer say 3 minutes to respawn? (Blue and Red buffs take 5 minutes to respawn)

Soiyeruda

03-10-2012

I view it more as smartcasting timers. Considering they added time stamps, which may or may not help with keeping dragon timers, I'd imagine it isn't cheating.

dKtiGERR

03-10-2012

I think it's frowned upon, but I don't think it's illegal o_o
Maybe in tournaments or something...

Guiantonio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

A jungle timer app was allowed by riot because you press a button to start the count down, its nothing different than just using a watch countdown, so riot is okay with it.
But its not that hard to remember timers, its 1:00 for small camps, 5:00 for buffs, 6:00 dragon and 7:00 Baron

Gorbie Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

I just set the timer on my keyboard for dragon/barron.

BlGFISH

03-10-2012

many top junglers in games will even say what time dragon/baron/buffs spawn in chat in solo queue. If you watch Oddone he does it all the time, but for some using the app is easier.

Kaelinh

03-10-2012

I'm gonna watch the beginning of this next game and see if it tells him when the enemy blue is up.

Edit: Ah okay, someone else asked and he uses this: http://www.jungletimer.com/

Khourey

03-10-2012

It's allowed but programs that do jungle timers for you are a crutch, they would never allow them during a lan tournament and you are just having a timer for yourself and not your teammates. Get into the habit of writing down jungle timers now its harder to break the habit otherwise.