So I played a couple games of Dota 2...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voxom

03-10-2012

... and I haven't played LoL since. Dominion was what kept this game fresh but... man, theres nothing so fun as meat hooking people into woods while hearing the amazing voice acting: "Oh, kidneys! Kidneys are noooiiice"... But this isn't really what this thread is about. I've felt like the difficulty level in dota 2 is much much harder than LoL. Almost as if LoL is easy mode dota. Sure you can say they are two different games, don't compare apple and oranges... but in reality, they are extremely alike. What are your thoughts on that? LoL easy mode dota?

edit: thumbing this post down without giving any replies kinda proves my point...

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxom View Post
... and I haven't played LoL since. Dominion was what kept this game fresh but... man, theres nothing so fun as meat hooking people into woods while hearing the amazing voice acting: "Oh, kidneys! Kidneys are noooiiice"... But this isn't really what this thread is about. I've felt like the difficulty level in dota 2 is much much harder than LoL. Almost as if LoL is easy mode dota. Sure you can say they are two different games, don't compare apple and oranges... but in reality, they are extremely alike. What are your thoughts on that? LoL easy mode dota?

edit: thumbing this post down without giving any replies kinda proves my point...
OK, I'll bite.
First, thumbing down your post doesn't prove anything aside from the fact that most people are tired of this discussion.
Second, the way you present your argument is really thin. It's like if i said Baseball is an easy mode Cricket. I have only stated my opinion with no facts to support it.

So think hard about what you mean, REALLY hard, then come back to us.

Voxom

03-10-2012

Ok, one thing that I noticed the most is how everything in LoL is smaller, as in easier. Smaller map, smaller range, smaller everything. What's the distance of blitzcrank's pull compared to pudge? In general LoL is much much much more forgiving, people escape wayy easily in comparison to dota where one little mistake can get you killed instantly.

Phourc

03-10-2012

If the map and the ranges are both smaller, wouldn't it be relatively the same?

But okay, let's break this down:

- You aren't talking about Dominion, why are you in this subforum?

- You're flat out trolling by starting the whole "DotA is soo much better than LoL" thing for the ten billionth time. I believe next you try to convince us that denying (doubling the last hitting - remember that most of us play dominion cause we find that stuff boring?) could have made League 10x better.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxom View Post
Ok, one thing that I noticed the most is how everything in LoL is smaller, as in easier. Smaller map, smaller range, smaller everything. What's the distance of blitzcrank's pull compared to pudge? In general LoL is much much much more forgiving, people escape wayy easily in comparison to dota where one little mistake can get you killed instantly.
We could flip this around. Maybe Dota is too punishing? Should you die from the smallest mistake? Imagine if every champion in LoL could kill in one shot, would that make the game Harder or Easier? We could also say that in Dota, it is too easy to kill someone since it is not as forgiving. Dota makes it easier than LoL to capitalize on your enemies mistakes, therefore LoL is harder than Dota.

KaXaSA

03-10-2012

more like.. overly complicated game with unecessary features (deny... i mean yay! now i have to kill my own minion too isn't that really ****ing fun?) i've been playing it for a few days.. and overall league feels a lot more 'balanced'.

actually it feels like they didn't really care about how character design would affect the game at all but idk.. I would need a lot more time to reach a conclusion...

imo i can't see casual players (probably most of LoL' public) 'replacing' league for dota2...

the point is.. harder game ≠ good/better game

and yes their client will be far better than league's when they finallly release the game.

Draydan

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
- You're flat out trolling by starting the whole "DotA is soo much better than LoL"
Here's the mistake of all downvoters.
You equalize "easier" and "worse". Thats wrong.

LoL is easier and more forgiving and that is not bad. Its a game, remember?

Also LoL is more team-oriented game than DotA.

Also LoL lets mages scale into lategame.

All in all - LoL is easier but is more focused on fun aspects of genre.
DotA has too much useless legacy.

CommodoreSkippy

03-11-2012

Main point is, at least for me, the difficulty should not be in executing the mechanics. The Difficulty is in knowing your champion, how your team works together, how your ENEMY works together, tactics, and on the spot combat decisions.

I don't play this game to play against the game. I play this game to play against people. Considering that, I fail to see how "difficult" is "better". The difficulty should come solely from the enemy team, not mechanics.

Phourc

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
Here's the mistake of all downvoters.
You equalize "easier" and "worse". Thats wrong.

LoL is easier and more forgiving and that is not bad. Its a game, remember?
Easy Mode: it has never been a compliment.

Quote:
All in all - LoL is easier but is more focused on fun aspects of genre.
DotA has too much useless legacy.
This I can agree with - The main reason I haven't stolen my friend's DotA 2 beta yet is I just don't care about the str/agi/int bull**** - Why didn't they change their War3 mandated stat system when they had the chance?

Glorious Bird

03-11-2012

LoL offers different things compared to DOTA2. I played DOTA in it's prime and when I went to play DOTA2 it was just the same ****. Nothing new.

I think it boils down to me growing up since DOTA and I really don't want to sit in 60 minutes of boredom or of some teenager *****ing and moaning on mic.

LoL is fast, takes less effort, and is generally more relaxed. I'd rather get the occasional warning for not giving **** rather than an ear full from some pre-**** all game every game for not giving a ****.