M5 = New Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luthien Kess

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash the God View Post
Except, they'll also notice the lanes missing and gather with their team to make it an even 4v4 or at least a 3v4.
Even if they come immediately after, a 4v4 in your own jungle is still favorable most of the time. Your team has much easier escapes to turret safety than theirs does.

Dr Kasper

03-12-2012

Still M5 had it right.
Coming up with unexpected strategies. Regardless of this strategy being old or not, the point is most teams weren't prepared for it. Since the current meta is doing things the same way (over and over i might add), modifying it every so slightly yields adventitious results.
Trying out new supports, new junglers, double junglers, etc. Is a great way to suprise the enemy team. Of course, M5 started the counter jungling craze, and then teams picked up on it, so an evolving strategy is the best way to win consistently in 5 v 5 play.
Don't do it in solo, cuz nobody will know what the hell you are doing and you'll fail miserably.

corallein

03-12-2012

It's not a meta, nor a team comp. It's simply a play style and works for M5 because they're incredibly coordinated and all really good players.

You also seem to have failed to notice that roaming cow worked because they picked Urgot AND gave Hurrgot a level 1 blue so he could harass all day without running OOM and dominated his lane 1v2. Good luck pulling that off in solo queue.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash the God View Post
Except, they'll also notice the lanes missing and gather with their team to make it an even 4v4 or at least a 3v4.
You act like normal queue/ solo queue ranked can work together like a professional team.

Hyosun

03-12-2012

Quote:
It's not a meta, nor a team comp. It's simply a play style and works for M5 because they're incredibly coordinated and all really good players.

You also seem to have failed to notice that roaming cow worked because they picked Urgot AND gave Hurrgot a level 1 blue so he could harass all day without running OOM and dominated his lane 1v2. Good luck pulling that off in solo queue.
exactly. That strategy has its strengths it just needs the appropriate champions and skills to make it work. When I saw that stream I wasn't thinking about roaming becoming popular or M5 setting a new trend. I thought it was cool that they were able to take a particular strength ( urgot's laning phase ), and create a strategy around it. Same thing with Shyv's counter-jungling abilities when placed top.

You'll see more roaming going on just we've all seen the AD Kennen bandwagon. I just hope that anyone who saw the stream felt free to explore new strategies.

BlackJesus101

03-12-2012

only ever works when it is unexpected and think what wouldv happened to bot if the ali stayed there with the blue buff urgot......

Hyosun

03-12-2012

While they could have had Ali stay bot I think their focus was on gimping Morde as much as possible.