M5 = New Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stylzer

03-10-2012

Watching last night's grand final, I'm sure you're as amazed as I am at the pure skill and coordination of the M5 team, particularly the Genja 1v2 lane while alistar roams, placing wards across the map for perfect vision and ganking lanes as well.

Having 1 roam + a jungler means that the opponent must be extra cautious of pushing and ward placements since there will always be two gankers roaming free, plus the bonus exp from bot lane also helps (particularly if it's an ad carry).

Thoughts?

Balderdash1000

03-11-2012

My thoughts are that people tried the roam strategy before and stopped because if you didn't get those first ganks it failed horribly. Since that hasn't changed I'm guessing that roaming will get a brief surge of popularity before it goes back to the way it is now.

Moutainman

03-11-2012

Also, M5 only did it in the first of the two games and went back to the traditional support the next game. That makes me think that that was their ace in the hole strategy that no one knew about because of their team comp. One of those things that will only work once because no one was expecting it.

Epsilon2012

03-11-2012

Quote:
Having 1 roam + a jungler means that the opponent must be extra cautious of pushing and ward placements since there will always be two gankers roaming free, plus the bonus exp from bot lane also helps (particularly if it's an ad carry).
A ROAMER?!?!?
HOW new!!!!!!

----I haven't seen that since the Dreamhack era.....

-PS-This was sarcasm...this team comp is older that my grandpa's boots...

BlindiRL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon2012 View Post
A ROAMER?!?!?
HOW new!!!!!!

----I haven't seen that since the Dreamhack era.....

Its so true.

Zerthai

03-11-2012

Roaming can be effective but only if people aren't ready for it.

Bolexle

03-11-2012

As has already been stated, if said raomer fails even one gank suddenly the whole team is behind. It is a very risky strategy that should only be tried with a premade 5 and against very specific enemy team comps.

SFHFWill

03-11-2012

Roaming like this is easy to counter. All you have to do is ward. Once you see them in your jungle, just tell your teammates to collapse. If done properly it's 4v2 in your jungle with their team not having a chance to react.

Collapse the lanes, roaming duo jungle dies. GG.

Flash the God

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFHFWill View Post
Roaming like this is easy to counter. All you have to do is ward. Once you see them in your jungle, just tell your teammates to collapse. If done properly it's 4v2 in your jungle with their team not having a chance to react.

Collapse the lanes, roaming duo jungle dies. GG.
Except, they'll also notice the lanes missing and gather with their team to make it an even 4v4 or at least a 3v4.

pinkshrub

03-12-2012

Another thing to take into account is that you severely gimp your roamer in levels and farm. You are really limited in champions that can viably do it. I remember Elementz doing it a few times in the past, but come mid game the roamer can be a huge liability even if the early game goes well.