Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What counters AD Sion top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

miniondeliverer

03-10-2012

AD Sion is terrible in lane, don't know what you're having problems with. Could easily beat him with most popular solo tops atm. Yorick in particular just destroys him, as does Rumble. Oh and he's melee so Garen counters him the hardest

iMaxis

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Olaf, dat true dmg

Zwizzy

03-10-2012

Quote:
fkthisstupidbs:
AD Sion is terrible in lane, don't know what you're having problems with. Could easily beat him with most popular solo tops atm. Yorick in particular just destroys him, as does Rumble. Oh and he's melee so Garen counters him the hardest

yea, im not sure how you are having a problem. What do you play exactly, maybe your just playing stuff that he beats?

Mannnnnny champs out farm him, and quite a few of those can flat out kill him.

ShowMeYourMoves

03-10-2012

Sion is not weak in lane.

He is not someone you can shut down without effort.

Also, your only chance is to kill him before lv 6.

You must deny him at least 20 farm or kill him once before lv 6 in order to fight him lv 6.

GP does not counter Sion, if you play GP against Sion, you will get owned very hard after lv 6.

Pantheon needs to be very aggresive first 6 lv to counter Sion. And if Sion survive the early lane barrage of harass (Be it potion, jungle help or something) Pantheon will lose after Sion is lv 6. He can simply trade hp with you and ult to heal when you are both low. Pantheon don't have the sustain to fight that.

Riven is the same thing. Your chance is to get a kill or deny him 20+ creep first 6 level. If you fail to do so, he will zone you lv 6 through ult sustain.

Sion is harder to counter than people give credit for. Once he is level 6, he becomes near impossible to deny. In fact, he will deny you if you fail to counter him first lv 6.

Yorick is not a true counter to Sion, since Yorick's ghoul can be countered by use of bushes.

Teemo is really the true counter to Sion solo top.

Sion can fight Olaf pretty evenly.

Riven has advantage over Sion first 6 levels, and will lose that advantage after lv 6.

GP's Q harass is just not strong enough to get Sion low through 5 potions and W. And Sion's sustain flat out owns GP after lv 6.

Irelia will lose early game trade due to Sion's enrage, W, and passive. And Sion's sustain is stronger than Irelia after lv 6.

Fiora flat out loses to Sion. Sion's kit counters her. She Q, you W, you step back against her W, and stun her when she uses E. Your passive also makes you take less damage from Fiora's melee damage. you will out damage her if you perfectly execute your counter skills.

If you lose against Fiora, you probably got out-played.

Also, you MUST bring ignite if you are fighting AD Sion. You might be able to catch him off guard with a nice timed ignite and burst when he try to lifesteal after a trade.

You will 100% lose the lane if you don't have ignite or executioner's calling.

to summarize, AD Sion is someone who you MUST pull out everything to fight from lv 1 - 6.

If your champion has higher damage than him, then you can try to zone him early game.

If your champion don't have the power to deny him before lv 6, you are screwed. call for jungle help.

LimitlessChaos

03-10-2012

I'd think something like Rumble or maybe Malphite? I'm not sure, Malphite is usually the "go-to" counter for AD champs but Sion's sustain is just ridiculous with that ultimate so I'm not sure what you'd do to kill him. A Frozen Heart /CDR (like Umashi) Lanewick build can probably toe-to-toe him but I don't know what'd win.

AD Sion can be beaten if you have an even champ and just flat-out outplay the other guy but in a lot of cases he wins. I'm sure there are some solid counters though.

ShowMeYourMoves

03-10-2012

Quote:
LimitlessChaos:
I'd think something like Rumble or maybe Malphite? I'm not sure, Malphite is usually the "go-to" counter for AD champs but Sion's sustain is just ridiculous with that ultimate so I'm not sure what you'd do to kill him. A Frozen Heart /CDR (like Umashi) Lanewick build can probably toe-to-toe him but I don't know what'd win.

AD Sion can be beaten if you have an even champ and just flat-out outplay the other guy but in a lot of cases he wins. I'm sure there are some solid counters though.

I haven't fought a rumble for a very long time, I can't give you any info on it.

Malphite never really give me trouble in lane. You can shield his Q damage with your W. And your enrage auto can break his shield with 1 hit. And if Sion runs 5 potions, Malphite won't have the damage to harass him dry before lv 6.

Once Sion is lv 6, you won't be able to kill him by yourself, even with ignite.

All has has to do is trade 1 blow at a time against you, and lifesteal from minion when he is half hp.

Malphite is good Sion counter "late game" but early game he isn't really a counter.

I fought many lanewick ranging from 1300-1800 elo, they either lose or stalemate.
(They all started with Doran ring tho, things might change if they started with a different item)

Lanewick simply don't have enough damage to cut down 5 potions plus Sion's W before lv 6.

And after lv 6, he lifesteal harder than you, you can't win in a lifesteal battle. If you play safe, you won't die to him, but he will outfarm you.

However, the lane will usually be pushed around your tower, so call for ganks. WW's ult + a good jungler will probably kill him.

Straight out battle with no jungler influence, WW can't beat Sion. (Doran ring WW that is)

PrincessDerpy

03-10-2012

If Sion is unstoppable, prove it and take it to ranked.

Sick of this endless theorycraft BS.

Aria Sachou

03-10-2012

For me
KOGGY!

Boots 3 pots
Max W level 1 W
Long range to counter that short ranged stun.
Massive damage on AD sion early to late game because of W.
At level 6 same thing, but you can harass further with R
Also
HUEHUEHUE

BloodNinja

03-10-2012

I've made exactly 7 Sions rage quit top lane with kennen. Its what I always pick to counter him. He literally cannot do anything from lvl 1 on.

EvilGodDean

03-10-2012

ignite and kill, 'nuff said.