Strange Phenomenon when playing Normal...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

efexkiller

03-10-2012

So, to preface, I recently learned about the "hidden" Elo rating in normals. I was a little upset about this, because I had been queing with a friend who isn't so great, and losing, but it was ok because it was with my buddy. But then i come to find out that it is causing me to be placed with more, erm, "losers". that said...

I enjoy playing tank/support roles, but I find that whenever I play a tank/support, I have really poor carries on my team. Feeding, dying to turrets, not coming for ganks, running from 3v1s that are really free kills, not using CCs, stuns, etc the list goes on. I lost a lot of the time when I play tank/support, to (what I perceive), no fault of mine

However

When I play a carry, I win 90 % of the time.

Can anyone explain this to me ? Why do I win so often when I play a carry, but whenever I play a tank/support, I get a lot of bads on my team ? Can anyone explain this phenomenon ??

I don't enjoy playing a carry every game....why must the LoL gods **** on me so ?

SmudgePudge

03-10-2012

I discovered your problem. Your super tall, very hairy, and regen life at a fast rate unless you are on fire.

Tl;Dr You're a troll.

efexkiller

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmudgePudge View Post
I discovered your problem. Your super tall, very hairy, and regen life at a fast rate unless you are on fire.

Tl;Dr You're a troll.

I'm not a troll, look at my account I'm only lvl 18.

Reichbane

03-11-2012

I don't know about the second part but the first part makes sense to me. When I queue with my noob friends I always get noobs on my team who /ff at 20 because the kills are 10-15. It's not over till the next is finally struck down in my opinion, but not to all the other bad players I suppose.

Bukumber Express

03-11-2012

Whenever I play support, my game is pretty much reliant on the carry(/ies). If I'm building to support, and the carry is doing all the things you said, like running and such, then my game is going to fall short because I'm not killing champions either. So it becomes more of a 3v5 than 5v5.

Although, yesterday I had a terrible team who ran at the sight of enemy champions. I still built support with Janna to try and help out best I could, but it was useless. They ended up ganking us, a nice 5v5 team fight. My entire team ran and I was left at the second bottom turret by myself. I actually ended up scoring a triple kill there with the help of the turret and Janna's slow/buff/knockup.

Basically, if you're not in control of pushing the lanes, then you're putting that job into a complete stranger's hands, and that can be a big hit or miss every single time.

pinkshrub

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornley View Post

Basically, if you're not in control of pushing the lanes, then you're putting that job into a complete stranger's hands, and that can be a big hit or miss every single time.
This is it. I have had a few games recently where even if i jungle well, if the lanes aren't pushing you still lose. If you are a champ that doesn't push well, and nobody on your team wants to push or can, it creates problems.

xRAWKAx

03-12-2012

It could just be that you're tanking/supporting isn't as good as you think it is. Carry/Tank/Support require very different mindsets. In my own case, my understanding of the game has changed a lot since I was level 18. I mean, yeah, your teammates can be bad in some cases, but whatever your hidden Elo is, the other team is just as likely to have bad people on it as yours is.

Morwinn

03-12-2012

Do what i do, my friend and I dou queue whenever we are both on me as Master Yi and him as Tryndamere, we both bottom lane no matter what and we have never lost. Just like you said yourself we are 15-23 and 3 of our teammembers /surrender we both keep hitting no and then in the end we win with me haiving 23 kills and tryndamere having 27. Just be 2 hypercarries and you should have no problems if it isn't your fault that your losing if you still lose you might want to re-think about your gameplay.

iamBlayz

03-12-2012

a bad team with 1 good carry will beat a bad team with 1 good support, pretty much all there is to it, also you have to remember most people just assume they're better than the other team so they'll recklessly run into bad situations and lose the game for you, which is why relying on them is normally a bad idea