Anivia Legendary Skin: Riot, a solution found!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DilldoreSaggins

03-10-2012

Dear Riot, because I've sent many emails asking about Aniva's skin (legendary) but I have had no reply I've decided to come up with a solution. I guess the problem with giving her a skin is the fact that her lore limits her to being only an Ice Bird and not any other type of phoenix. HOWEVER there is a loop hole and it lies in her lore as well. The key is the part where it says that phoenix's are creatures of their home world and Anivia is from ice. But what is her passive called? rebirth!!! So while Anivia may start out as ice, if she eggs and is reborn she should be able to turn into a different phoenix, one now based on Runeterra. However, because she is still originally from her ice world she should have the ability to take up that form as well.

So i propose, a skin that will allow Anivia, when egging to turn into a Fire Phoenix OR an Ice Phoenix and allow the summoner to toggle back and forth. After all when you egg you have six seconds of sitting there, pushing number 1 or number 2 should be easy in that time frame. I also was thinking that her voice would change into something more aggressive, because after all runeterra is a place of ongoing war, it would be fitting if anivia took some of these traits when being reborn into the new world.

The same would happen when anivia dies, before re-spawning choose between ice or fire. Maybe her ice skin could look more like the Chinese art, or perhaps when aniva is in ice mode, and you have another skin, before the match starts you can choose that skin as the default ice. Another solution, is before anivia eggs or dies the person has selected which type of phoenix they want to be upon being reborn. This could be done by clicking the passive after spawning or at anytime, not in egg form or dead, and selecting. Instead of egging anivia could turn into a pile of ash if she was already preselected to be fire upon rebirth.

With this new type of legendary skin, riot, you could also make add on skins for Anivia, like a lightning skin. Sometime down the road you design another skin, and simply tack it on to the legendary skin but charge it like you would a new skin or a DLC. The summoner would have the same ability to click the passive while alive (not in egg form or waiting to re-spawn) and select ice, fire, lightning, water, wind or whatever add-on's have been created. Upon "egging" and rebirth they turn into what ever new type of phoenix. If Anivia dies then when re-spawning she simply takes on the element she last was. (Ex dies as fire, re-spawns as fire etc). I am very excited about this idea and i have a feeling MANY people, even non anivia players, would be excited for this as well and would GLADLY pay for this type of add on.

Thanks for putting up with my wall of text, i am passionate about Anivia as i am sure you are!

Ruahi

03-10-2012

kinda like udyr with his stances in his primal skin on anivia

this appeals to me and i dont even play anivia

Seldkam

03-10-2012

I was thinking maybe an arcane version of anivia? I love her too, and think she could be REALLY cool with lots of special effects or something.

Then again, she is also awesome looking just with golden armor, it's actually one of my favorite skins (Noxus Hunter Anivia, I think the skin is called)...

But honestly, I think the regular Phoenix idea is too overused as a general lore... Something creative should be incorporated.

omi13nara

03-11-2012

hmmmmmmmmmm sounds pretty cool! I'd buy anivia just for that skin lol

OBHR

03-12-2012

Nice idea

Xytrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

This is a sick idea! I loved the eagle skin and i'm kinda sad its gone but the new art is pretty cool too BUT i would buy this skin asap. Even if they do not implement the toggle choice when you are in your egg or dead it would still be a sweet skin. Would love to see a fire phoenix using some kind of frostfire spell effects. Casting blizzard w/ ice and fire raining down from the sky would just look OP.

Ttocsick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

All of my money, take it. Just take it!

Xytrin

03-12-2012

needs more upvotes!!

Nerfmegently

Recruiter

03-12-2012

Thumbs up, i dont play Anivia myself but my friend does (and its really the only time i see an anivia in the game). Would be pretty awesome to see a cool skin like that.

BLACKWHITEGREY

04-11-2012

bump for the bird