Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfox357 View Post
She's good because she can wipe out your carry with near immunity, and chances better than not, survive. It's pretty much a given that Poppy is strong on dominion for that reason alone.
My problem with poppy: She can ignore me and duel people-who-aren't-me, which gives her much better odds than fighting me, in my experience xP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glumduk

Senior Member

03-10-2012

I'd switch Leona into T3 and Sej into the 'honorable mentions'... not bad besides that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

I have seen strong Oriannas.

Her high skillcap AND different approach required make good ones pretty rare. Her ult correctly played can be is like Janna's ult on SR - tilt the balance of a teamfight way in your favor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-11-2012

It makes me cry that Karma is a higher tier than Orianna.

I mean, team speed, slows, shields, cc, and aoe damage. They give all the same advantages except you trade shields for cc (karmas shield is much better )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

i really believe shaco & talon should be in the top tier other than that i pretty much agree on all of them


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminechen View Post
i have seen strong oriannas.

Her high skillcap and different approach required make good ones pretty rare. Her ult correctly played can be is like janna's ult on sr - tilt the balance of a teamfight way in your favor.
TELL ME HOW THEY BUILD.! I must know.
8I


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psi21

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
Just calling it as I see it, for this particular point in time, for solo queueing in the 1850 range. I'm not claiming legitimacy or correctness, heck, I probably missed a champion or two. But here's my two cents, and I think anyone new to Dominion might benefit from it.:

Tier 1 - These are champions that are banned or picked nearly every match, have very little counters, and carry teams to victory. You want them banned or on your team:
  • Rammus, Warwick, Kassadin, Wukong, Urgot, Poppy, Yorick

Tier 2 - This tier is big, because so many champions are actually viable in Dominion. These are champions that solidly perform every time and mix in just about any team comp:
  • Pantheon, Shen, Blitzcrank, Jarvan, Maokai, Ryze, Talon, Irelia, Gragas, Malzahar, Fiora, Udyr, Jax, Skarner, Riven, Vayne, Kog'maw, Ezreal, Graves, Alistar, Karthus, Ahri, Leblanc, Cassiopeia, Janna, Soraka, Sona, Karma, Morgana, Fizz, Lux, Shaco, Singed, Lee Sin, Kayle, Rumble, Caitlyn, Ashe, Shyvana

Tier 3 - These are champions that either take more skill to be successful with or work as good counter picks, but enemies generally have more options to deal with them.
  • Ziggs, Akali, Gangplank, Mordekaiser, Miss Fortune, Fiddlesticks, Sion, Sivir, Brand, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Renekton, Garen, Xin Zhao, Nocturne, Heimerdinger, Volibear, Malphite, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Katarina, Kennen, Swain, Nautilus, Teemo, Nasus, Nidalee, Viktor, Xerath, Nunu, Olaf, Sejuani, Evelyn

Tier 4 - Champions that I haven't really seen perform exceptionally well
  • Orianna, Annie, Veigar, Vladimir,

Honorable mentions: Champions I'm sure can place well but I haven't personally seen them action enough to know where they fit.:
  • Mundo, Anivia, Amumu, Cho'Gath, Corki, Galio, Leona, Zilean, Trundle, Tristana, Taric,

The tiers aren't exactly in any particular order. I couldn't really list them in a best-to-worst order in the same tier because of different roles like Janna vs. Pantheon, completely different jobs and team comps lead to completely different results. For example, Shyvana is "at the bottom" of tier 2, I'm not calling her worse than say Lee Sin.
+1
Good Tier List


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post

Tier 1 - These are champions that are banned or picked nearly every match, have very little counters, and carry teams to victory. You want them banned or on your team:
  • Rammus, Warwick, Kassadin, Wukong, Urgot, Poppy, Yorick

Tier 2 - This tier is big, because so many champions are actually viable in Dominion. These are champions that solidly perform every time and mix in just about any team comp:
  • Pantheon, Shen, Blitzcrank, Jarvan, Maokai, Ryze, Talon, Irelia, Gragas, Malzahar, Fiora, Udyr, Jax, Skarner, Riven, Vayne, Kog'maw, Ezreal, Graves, Alistar, Karthus, Ahri, Leblanc, Cassiopeia, Janna, Soraka, Sona, Karma, Morgana, Fizz, Lux, Shaco, Singed, Lee Sin, Kayle, Rumble, Caitlyn, Ashe, Shyvana

Tier 3 - These are champions that either take more skill to be successful with or work as good counter picks, but enemies generally have more options to deal with them.
  • Ziggs, Akali, Gangplank, Mordekaiser, Miss Fortune, Fiddlesticks, Sion, Sivir, Brand, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Renekton, Garen, Xin Zhao, Nocturne, Heimerdinger, Volibear, Malphite, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Katarina, Kennen, Swain, Nautilus, Teemo, Nasus, Nidalee, Viktor, Xerath, Nunu, Olaf, Sejuani, Evelyn

Tier 4 - Champions that I haven't really seen perform exceptionally well
  • Orianna, Annie, Veigar, Vladimir,

Honorable mentions: Champions I'm sure can place well but I haven't personally seen them action enough to know where they fit.:
  • Mundo, Anivia, Amumu, Cho'Gath, Corki, Galio, Leona, Zilean, Trundle, Tristana, Taric,
The tiers aren't exactly in any particular order. I couldn't really list them in a best-to-worst order in the same tier because of different roles like Janna vs. Pantheon, completely different jobs and team comps lead to completely different results. For example, Shyvana is "at the bottom" of tier 2, I'm not calling her worse than say Lee Sin.
Overall that's a pretty decent list. However, tier 2 could use some cleaning.

Move Morgana to tier 3, Ashe tier 3, Kayle tier 3, Sona tier 4, Pantheon tier 1, Caitlyn tier 3, Karthus tier 3, Skarner tier 3, Ryze tier 1, Malz tier 1,

MF, Trynd, Nautilus, and sejuani to tier 4.

And then it's *pretty* much perfect, could use some in-tier tweaking, however. For example, Shyvanna is *much* worse than Jarvan, Jax, etc, but she's still tier 2 I reckon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
Overall that's a pretty decent list. However, tier 2 could use some cleaning.

Move Morgana to tier 3, Ashe tier 3, Kayle tier 3, Sona tier 4, Pantheon tier 1, Caitlyn tier 3, Karthus tier 3, Skarner tier 3, Ryze tier 1, Malz tier 1,

MF, Trynd, Nautilus, and sejuani to tier 4.

And then it's *pretty* much perfect, could use some in-tier tweaking, however. For example, Shyvanna is *much* worse than Jarvan, Jax, etc, but she's still tier 2 I reckon.

Those are actually really good suggestions. If I was serious about this list for maintaining it and such I would go ahead and make most of those changes. Don't know what I thinking about putting Sona where I did.

But alas, I don't play nearly enough nor do I have the time for such a task.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

I agree with most of that list, but with so many champs in Tiers 2 and 3, it might be beneficial to make sub categories (Tier 2-A and 2-B, for example). Either that, or classify them into Top/Bottom champs, just to help clarify things for newer players.



That said, I disagree with Oriana's placement. Played well, she can own the bottom lane.

Shyvana, too. She isn't bad, but she isn't consistently good enough to be in Tier 2. There are just too many much better alternatives.