Why is boots of mobility available in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

I still think those boots are very toxic... esp. equipped on someone with MS steriod, like rammus

Can someone tell me what good they do other then backdooring?

SpaceFrog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

i get 'em for taric with movement speed quints.

So I can get to where I need to be and debuff armour, give heals and stuns, while looking fabulous!

CommodoreSkippy

03-10-2012

They're not just for Backdooring, they're for being able to get to your team lightning fast, whether you are moving from one turret to another or from respawn.
Speed is a VERY important stat in Dominion. The key is to not sacrifice too much in your quest to capitalize on it, lest you just be fast but useless.

BigDaddyRelish

03-10-2012

It's a trade-off. You are a lot faster out of combat but you don't get any benefits that you would have gotten from a different set when you are actually in the battle, and it makes a huge difference.

It isn't an end-all be-all item by any means, but I'm glad that that item finally has a place in the game.

larkhill

03-10-2012

shhhhhhhhhhhhh they're secretly super OP...

Geremiah

03-10-2012

Well the first answer is: to go fast?

But they're there because its the speed option, and since the objective in dominion is to go fast and capture points, i dont see why it'd be removed.

larkhill

03-10-2012

no but seriously, i like to use it on tanks just because without a tank, teamfights tend to go very wrong very fast. so the faster i can get to the fight, the better