Tier 3 Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oo Vanellope oO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-09-2012

Hi, I'm gonna turn level 20 soon and I would like to know what Tier 3 runes I should get first. I'm aware not all of them unlock until level 30 but I would like to know which ones I should get first and how many of them I should buy.
I used to play DOTA in TDA (competitively) and I'm really liking this game so far, that's why I would like some help with this so I can spend some IP to get more champions (I bought Janna for 50% off RP and that's all I have).

Thanks.

BrotherCaine

03-09-2012

If you want the most generic runes that will fit any type of character you want to play then take this setup:

Reds: A set of magic penetration AND a set of Armour Pen. Unless you want to save IP and delve into a less efficient generic stat for reds like Health.
Yellow: Armour, useful for Top/Bot/Jungle; least useful for mid apart from minimising minion dmg.
Blues: Magic Resist, Flat. Most useful for mid; jungle and top probably prefer scaling Magic Resist but its not a bad tradeoff. Least useful, but definatly not useless, for bot lane.
Quints: Movement speed/Health. Your choice.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

You unlock all tier 3 runes at level 20. As for actual runes it's mostly preference. Cheap ones are yellow flat armor, blue flat magic resist. Reds usually either armor or magic penetration depending on ad or ap. Quints are mostly preference but health or health per level and movespeed are useful for all champions. If you wanted to get support runes you can pick up gold/5 runes and they are relatively cheap.

Oo Vanellope oO

Recruiter

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherCaine View Post
If you want the most generic runes that will fit any type of character you want to play then take this setup:

Reds: A set of magic penetration AND a set of Armour Pen. Unless you want to save IP and delve into a less efficient generic stat for reds like Health.
Yellow: Armour, useful for Top/Bot/Jungle; least useful for mid apart from minimising minion dmg.
Blues: Magic Resist, Flat. Most useful for mid; jungle and top probably prefer scaling Magic Resist but its not a bad tradeoff. Least useful, but definatly not useless, for bot lane.
Quints: Movement speed/Health. Your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
You unlock all tier 3 runes at level 20. As for actual runes it's mostly preference. Cheap ones are yellow flat armor, blue flat magic resist. Reds usually either armor or magic penetration depending on ad or ap. Quints are mostly preference but health or health per level and movespeed are useful for all champions. If you wanted to get support runes you can pick up gold/5 runes and they are relatively cheap.
Thanks for quick reply, I'm willing to fill a rune page for AP Casters (since I play those the most) so I think I'll pick Magic Penetration first, then I'll try to fill another for Support (taking the ones that give gold) and AD.
I just wanted to know which ones I should buy first, but it seems it's all about preference.
Thanks !!

StrmCkr

03-09-2012

thecnically there is a glitch that makes it so u unlock lvl 3 runes at lvl 21. {instead ot the description of lvl 20}

for ap caster:Greater Mark of Insight x9 [3690]
Greater Seal of Clarity x9 [1845]
Greater Glyph of Force x9 [3690]
Greater Quin of Potencey x3 [3075]

total cost: 12,300

ad ranged / bruiser
Greater Mark of Strenghtx9[1845]
Greater Seal of Resiliancex9[1845]
Greater Quin of Strenghtx3[3075]
Greater Glyph of Wardingx9[1845]
total cost: 8610

later on substitued ad armour pen, the diffrence in game is neglitgable, flat ad is preferable for last hitting mininons which have zero armour.

for attacking targets with armour armour pen is preferable but becomes inefective after 50 points of armour.

Greater glyphe of warding can be replaced with
Greater Mark of Shielding

for increased late game magic resitance over flat amout
{ personal prefence}

Support caster:Greater Quin of Avaricex3
Greater Seal of Clarityx9 or greater seal of avaricex9
Greater Mark of Insight x9
Greater Glyph of Focusx9 or Greater Quin of Potencey x3

with these three builds you can interchange runes and create jungler pages
wiht out any problems

other favoirts that are used but ive only seen it on a few champs like akali,TF

Greater Seal of Vitality

Oo Vanellope oO

Recruiter

03-09-2012

That's the info that I was looking for, and you even included the prices! Thank you for helping me out, now I can manage some IP to buy a couple champs before getting to level 20 (21 as you said), I was getting bored of playing the same x) Thanks again!

breadbocks

03-09-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...and-more-24255
This guide has absolutely everything you need to know. Please look past the fact it's on mobafire.