Fastest Jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vek17 View Post
Hmmm, I was missinformed then
I seem to recall that Olaf had the potential to be the fastest jungler in the season 1 jungle, before the changes that made AoE such a deciding factor and before Shyvana was released and Dr. Mundo got buffed. So not exactly misinformed, just outdated information.

Red Vip3r

03-10-2012

I would say one of the faster to be on a gank is shaco his clear time is ok he a good counter jungler since his jack in the box let him set up a trap. also on your list I say noct and Lee Sin.

Bestfomert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

People Fenix Udyr is fast too

Kuryaka

03-11-2012

How about Cho? He's about the same speed as Udyr and less reliant on blue buff. I run jungle Cho to relative success - high consistent DPS, AOE damage, and heals off minions make him a fast and sustained choice. Boots + pots won't leave you at low health, whereas I've had difficulty with Phoenix Udyr running boots + pots and still being able to gank. Cho's ganks are a bit weak, mainly damage unless I land Rupture.

I've just noticed a lack of Cho in most jungle threads :/

JxC

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuryaka View Post
How about Cho? He's about the same speed as Udyr and less reliant on blue buff. I run jungle Cho to relative success - high consistent DPS, AOE damage, and heals off minions make him a fast and sustained choice. Boots + pots won't leave you at low health, whereas I've had difficulty with Phoenix Udyr running boots + pots and still being able to gank. Cho's ganks are a bit weak, mainly damage unless I land Rupture.

I've just noticed a lack of Cho in most jungle threads :/
cho's clear time is quite slower than phoenix udyrs. im not too sure what you've been doing, maybe its runes. Clear time for phoenix udyr is roughly 3:30 which is just a little behind shyvana and mundo.

Shyvana is more of a counter jungler and dive ganker (abusing her tankiness after 6), mundo is similar but less so than shyvana and has earlier + safer ganks with his cleaver. Udyr is just very good all around, fast clear, good counter jungling, and good ganks. He might not beat someone like shyvana in counter jungling but he would provide earlier and more successful ganks.

really depends on what you're planning on doing. Certain junglers are better at certain things. Here are some champs IMO that fit certain categories well, there are obviously way more but it's just an example.

Early Ganks (Lvl 2)-> Lee Sin, Shaco
Counter Jungling-> Shyvana, Trundle
Ganks-> Rammus, Nocturne
Overall-> Skarner, Udyr

Kuryaka

03-11-2012

Ehh. I like invading jungle like nobody's business. 3:40 level 4with a decent leash isn't too bad either, and if they invade blue (and we lose the fight) I can still pick up the slack. Maybe my Udyr strategy is still stuck in the "CONSERVE ALL MANA" mentality, but my level 4 times are around 3:40 with AS reds and MS quints.
Might just be low-Elo games, but Cho works pretty well if you can land Rupture amidst the chaos that the lane.

Then again, my jungle style involves walking around, popping harrass, and walking into the enemy jungle to steal stuff. If I spent more time refining my Udyr gank approaches, I'd play him in ranked games. Udyr and Lee Sin have good ganks early on and can take on enemy junglers in duels.

jetpotion

05-19-2012

dr mundo vs udyr in jungle speed.Shyvana is counted as 3rd best jungler speed in the game because she cannot hold the aoe constantly.But udyr phoenix passive and active makes him supremely fast,his original design is to be purely a jungler not a laner.But ever since dr mundo was recognized as a jungler and lee sin came and aoe clears, udyr had rival jungle speeds.

alaskaneagle

05-19-2012

the jungler with the fastest clear times is heimerdinger... but he has the worst ganks out of any possible jungler.

Plus once you dingler and get used to it he kinda ruins you for jungling with other champs since you get used to never getting hurt. which is were I'm at right now... I have to relearn jungling because it was fun using mah Dingler, but I'd like to actually be an asset to my team.. lol

CounterSnipe

05-19-2012

Master Yi can be the fastest due to his alpha strike proc. The chances of you actually getting the proc on all the minions is (1/2)^15 I believe. Dragon's burn out got nerfed, so she's slower now. I think phoenix Udyr can be number one if you build him with some AP, but without ap he clears very fast as well.

As for your champions... I think all of them would have roughly the same speed with the exception of lee sin and nocturne being faster than the other four. I also think nocturne is slightly faster than lee sin, but Im not sure.

aviraaaa

05-19-2012

Necro'd.