Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal system needs more information

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stelard Actek

03-08-2012

As the title says, I feel the tribunal system does not give enough information to render a proper judgement much of the time. While obviously I don't know anything about LoL's codebase, as a developer myself I don't think it would be too hard to some things to the tribunal log:

• Before match chat
  • Automated messages included in game chat log (e.g. Player X killed Y, kill streak ends, purchases of items)
  • After match chat

I see no end of people claiming that the reported player said they were going to feed in pre-match chat, or people reporting offensive language after the match. Such things should not be beyond the scope of the tribunal, but as it stands I feel I have to pardon people unless there's evidence of wrongdoing in the game chat log.

disulfiram

03-09-2012

I agree with what Stelard Actec said and would like to suggest to encourage reporting. I have seen cases where a Summoner is obviously in violation of several rules and yet only one or two people reported him. Furthermore, summoners almost never give additional information on the problem they had.
Probably people need to know how the tribunal works, to feel they are actually helping actively when reporting bad summoners. Maybe even rewards for those who reported somebody who got punished in the end.

seleleth

Recruiter

03-09-2012

I don't think the Tribunal accomplishes hardly anything at all, but more specifically to what you're requesting, I don't think the majority of people judging cases care about the case. They just want IP. And they know the way to get it is to spam vote punish.

Quote:
seleleth:
94% of players who receive enough reports to face the tribunal are punished by their peers.
That's nearly unanimous! So a case only reaches The Tribunal when it's so obviously worthy of punishment that nearly every case is voted the same? Or is the issue that people who weren't involved in the match don't give a hoot about it, and they find that spamming "Punish" is more likely to match others' votes, yielding an IP reward? Anyone see a problem with uninterested and biased jury members?

I'm glad to hear there are people like you who actually look into the case with enough interest that you actually want MORE detail, but you're the minority, unfortunately.

Wild guess here... are you requesting more information because you want OTHER people to see it for people you have reported?

Stelard Actek

03-09-2012

Not at all. I want it so I can make a better decision.
That said, perhaps the tribunal is in greater need of something else to discourage clicking 'punish' every time. I can't think what that would be, though. I do think the 60 second timer is far too short, however. It's rare I've finished reviewing the first game before that expires.

I don't know if it's 'correct', by the way, but I will sometimes vote to punish players who are reported for something other, if I feel they are violating the Code badly enough.

Heceldi

11-19-2012

Since this is the newest one on search, I'll just necro this. As someone who reviews cases and doesn't spam Punish, it's still something we need.

If not the item/game generated spam (X bought Y, X killed Z); then at least give us Pre/Post Chat

bambooya

11-19-2012

I agree with this. I have been reviewing cases for a few weeks now, and while it's enjoyable to be able to punish those who make the game less fun for everyone else, I do agree that additional info should be present.

I am still very alarmed at the number of cases that warrant no punishment, that in fact get punished, and just as bad, albeit not as often, guilty parties that are pardoned.

Pre and Post game chat could be helpful. Perhaps some kind of auto-flagging or behavior for particular language could be developed as well - that, and perhaps a requirement for commenting on certain types of reporting? I always lend MUCH more weight to reports that have comments, simply because it tends to direct me quickly to the source of the report (and obviously that doesn't mean an auto report, but it puts things into perspective).

JJ Unbreakable

11-20-2012

Pre/post-chat is in the PVP.net client, not the LoL/in-game client. But you knew that, otherwise you would've posted in the Tribunal forum. And as a dev, you understand what difficulties there could be considering those circumstances.

The automated/system messages could be somewhat useful and easier to implement.

Frost Unit

11-21-2012

/support