List of top counter picks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c4lm

03-08-2012

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a well compiled list of top picks and counterpicks, as well as lanes that are pretty evenly matched.

I think this would help newer top laners select champions more efficiently, I know at low elo counterpicks don't matter as much because skill level differences are much more evident, but it would still be a good guideline.

If there isn't one, can we create one now? Including some of the more famous top lane champions.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Rumble counters all
AD Nidalee counters all AD melee bruiser
GP is the jack of all trade but master of none
Nasus counters AD bruiser that autoattack a lot (like Tryndamere or Udyr)

c4lm

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Rumble counters all
AD Nidalee counters all AD melee bruiser
GP is the jack of all trade but master of none
Nasus counters AD bruiser that autoattack a lot (like Tryndamere or Udyr)
Doesn't Irelia directly counter rumble though? At least that's what I gather from Dyrus. I don't think nasus counters tryndamere or udyr.... At least not early game.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
Doesn't Irelia directly counter rumble though? At least that's what I gather from Dyrus. I don't think nasus counters tryndamere or udyr.... At least not early game.
Irelia doesn't counter Rumble until she levels up to at least level 6, she will get zone out by a good Rumble before that happens.

KhromeZ

03-08-2012

nasus can hold his own against tryn and udyr cuz of wither

c4lm

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Irelia doesn't counter Rumble until she levels up to at least level 6, she will get zone out by a good Rumble before that happens.
I saw HSGG zoning dyrus level 2 with irelia and euro players zone rumble way harder than that.

I know I'm using really high elo as examples but if they're being played optimally I'm almost certain Irelia counters rumble at the earliest stages of the game.

ExecutionerKen

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
I saw HSGG zoning dyrus level 2 with irelia and euro players zone rumble way harder than that.

I know I'm using really high elo as examples but if they're being played optimally I'm almost certain Irelia counters rumble at the earliest stages of the game.
Well, I haven't find any Irelia that counters Rumble at my level, and I am always queueing up with 2k+ when I am playing ranked

Perhaps the Irelia that I got match up with are just not good enough.

Uriyu

05-04-2012

from everything i've heard rumble is the hardest counter for irelia, the single fact that your irelias are winning means there is a major issue in skill balance. Tryndamere is easily countered by irelia... besides that im not sure about any other top laners.

My credentials:
I am not high elo or anything like that I got this info from outside sources, however I play irelia almost always when i solotop. I've gotten pretty good with her recently. I am almost certain Rumble is her hard counter.

Side note:
I'm not sure how much of a counter he is but I found Nasus hard to beat as Irelia because his tankyness makes him hard to zone while his spell that feeds on minions quickly becomes capable of out damaging you. This was a while ago and i have become better at zoning since then. Gp is rough to face due to his range but for the most part is still beatable.

These are just my thoughts on the subject.

luciferga

05-04-2012

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...E&toomany=true idk how accurate it is but i imagine this is more or less what you were looking for.

nForse

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciferga View Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...E&toomany=true idk how accurate it is but i imagine this is more or less what you were looking for.
bad link