Do you like this champion? Would you buy him?

A lot! I like it's concept and seems very fun to play with. 11 47.83%
Yes! It's very interesting but would need some changes. 7 30.43%
It's "Ok"... 1 4.35%
Seems boring... 0 0%
.................................................. ....................... 4 17.39%
I would buy it on release 8 34.78%
I would probally buy it someday 5 21.74%
Not sure if I would ever get it 1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Kazuki, the Iaijutsu Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

[Champion Concept] Kazuki, the Iaijutsu Master

Introduction:
Iaijutsu is the art of drawing the Japanese sword.
From Wikipedia:
"Iaijutsu is a combative sword-drawing art but not necessarily an aggressive art because iaijutsu is also a counterattack-oriented art. Iaijutsu technique may be used aggressively to wage a premeditated surprise attack against an unsuspecting enemy."

This style requires a calm mind, fast perception and even faster reaction. The idea behind this concep is to make a tricky and hard to dominate champion, that is able to unleash high burst if his skills are timed right, and will penalize those who spam them.
He uses a Reverse Fury system, benefiting from zero Fury rather than 100. In order to achieve the epitome of his potential, he needs to keep his mind clean, so, the higher the Fury, less effective he becomes in the use of his art.

Apperance:
His appearance would be like a traditional Samurai with long hair in an elegant Kimono (he needs mobility and trust in his skills to protect himself). His blade (no, no big blade) is aways sheathed when his Fury is zero. His left hand is usually aways holding the scabbard and his right hand is aways near the hilt.
When he runs, he leans his body fowards (like in the movies) and attacking when his blade is sheathed will have a different animation and sound. His movement speed should be high to match the concept (arround 320).

Background:
When young, he challenged Yi for a duel and lost. While wounded and on the ground, an old man approached him and took care of his wounds.
Once he recovered, he found out that this old man was a master of a different art, from a family three long forgotten.
The old man had no living sons, so he took Kazuki as his apprendice, to pass his art over the generations.
After years of hard work and training, he finally reached the skills of his masters, and decided to joing the League to test his skills and aprimorate himself.
And, of course, he hopes to find Yi too...

Abilities:
Kazuki's abilities don't have any cost related to them, therefore the use of his abilities is only limited by cooldowns. Instead he uses fury as his secondary bar. Kazuki starts with 0 fury, and has a cap of 100 fury. He gains 5 fury per autoattack, plus 5 extra fury per critical strike and 10 extra fury per skill used (the on-hit effect of skills won't increase rage). When out of combat for 2 seconds, Kazuki loses 5/6/7/8/9/10 fury every second.

●Every time Kazuki uses a skill (ultimate excluded), he can link another skill use, regardless of the cooldown (if a skill in cooldown is used again, it's cooldown will get reseted), inside a 2.5s interval. It can be done a second time (inside another 2.5s), linking a 3rd skill use.
●The 2nd skill in the sequence will have a 50% increase in it's base power and rage increase, while and the 3rd skill used gets a 100% increase in it's power and rage increase.
●If Kazuki does not link another skill after 2.5s, all his skills receives a 1s global cooldown (can be reduced with CDR).
●After linking 2 skills uses, all skills (ultimate excluded) receives a 2s global cooldown (can be reduced with CDR).
●After linking 3 skills uses, all skills (ultimate excluded) receives a 3s global cooldown (can be reduced with CDR).
●If his rage gauge is above 50 at the start of the sequence (or passed the 2.5s after the first skill), the respective global cooldown is doubled.
●Once the rage gauge reachs 100, no skills can be used untill it drops below 50. In the meanwhile, Kazuki enters in battle frenzy and gets 30% attack speed and 10% movement speed.

Attachment 505473Passive: Calm Spirit
When his rage gauge reachs 0, Kazuki will sheathe his blade. Each autoattack or skill usage will increase his rage.
The first auto attack used while his blade is sheathed will have double damage and effects (on-hit effects included on auto-attacks) and if a skill is used while the blade is sheathed, it will work as if it was the 3rd skill used in a sequence. Upon unsheathing, Kazuki will block the first autoa ttack or single target skill (not ultimate) on him in a 1.5s interval. Unsheathing the blade will increase the rage gauge twice the normal.

Attachment 505475Q: Swift Strike

Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds

1st Skill use: Kazuki slashes foward in a diagonal left-to-right arc, dealing damage to a target enemy. This attack applies on-hit effects.
Damage: 40/45/50/55/60 (+0.4 bonus AD)

2nd Skill use: Kazuki slashes foward in a horizontal right-to-left, dealing damage to a target enemy. This attack applies on-hit effects.
Damage: 60/68/75/83/90 (+0.6 bonus AD)

3rd Skill use: Kazuki dashs and trusts the sword foward, dealing damage and causing grievous wounds to an enemy. This attack applies on-hit effects and can critically hit. If a champion attack was blocked during it's animation (either by the unsheathing block or Full Moon skill), it will automatically delivers a critical hit.
Damage: 80/90/100/110/120 (+0.8 bonus AD)

Attachment 505474W: Full Moon

Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8 seconds

1st Skill use: Kazuki moves the sword in a half circle, blocking the next frontal melee auto attack on him in the next 1.0s. If he blocks the attack, he will hit below his enemy armpit with the scabbard, crippling it's attack speed for 3s.
Magic Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.4 AP)
Slow: 10/15/20/25/30%

2nd Skill use: Kazuki moves the sword in a full circle in front of him ( OI ), blocking the next frontal melee or ranged auto attack on him in the next 1s. If he blocks the attack, he dash to the attacker and hit his stomach with the scabbard, crippling it's movement and attack speed for 3s. The slow overlaps and refreshes the duration over a weaker slow caused by this skill.
Magic Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+0.6 AP)
Slow: 15/23/30/38/45%

3rd Skill use: Kazuki moves the sword in a full circle arround him ( (I) ), blocking the next auto attack or single target skill (not ultimate) directed to him in the next 1.0s. If he blocks the attack, he will dash toward the attacker and hit his head with the scabbard, stunning and slowing it's move and attack speed for 3s (the effects happens at same time, so, the higher the skill level, less time slowed and more stunned). The slow overlaps and refreshes the duration over a weaker slow caused by this skill.
Magic Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.8 AP)
Slow: 20/30/40/50/60%
Stun Duration: 1.00/1.25/1.50/1.75/2.00 seconds

Attachment 505477E: Wind Slash

Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds

1st Skill use: Kazuki slashes foward in a horizontal left-to-right, dealing damage to enemies in the area. This attacks pull the wind in it's path, creating a vacuum area perpendicular to his position that slows all enemies who passes through it. This area lasts 2s.
Damage: 30/35/40/45/50 (+0.30 bonus AD and +0.30 AP)
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%

2nd Skill use: Kazuki delives an even faster slash foward, damaging enemies in area and sending a wind wave foward that pushs enemies back and great slows those trying to move against the wave. The knock back effect is instant, but the slow area lasts 2s.
Damage: 45/53/60/68/75 (+0.45 bonus AD and +0.45 AP)
Slow: 20/28/35/43/50%
Knockback Distance: 250

3rd Skill use: Kazuki strikes in a circle arround him, damaging all enemies arround and creating a radial wind wave that pushs all enemies back and greatly slows those trying to move against the wave. The knock back effect is instant, but the slow area lasts 2s.
Damage: 60/70/80/90/100 (+0.60 bonus AD and +0.60 AP)
Slow: 30/41/53/64/75%
Knockback Distance: 375

Attachment 505476R: Void Slash

Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds

This skill can only be used when the blade is sheathed or after an attack or skill is blocked by Full Moon, but before it's counter-attack effect. It can only be used if the rage is below 50.
Once used, Kazuki concentrates for his next attack, entering a "charging" animation for half second. If a champion attack was blocked during it's charging animation (either by the unsheathing block or Full Moon skill), it will automatically delivers a critical hit* on all targets hit. This attack will apply on-hit effects on all enemies hit and can critically hit*.
*: only the physical part of the damage is multiplied

Kazuki dashs foward (to where he is looking) in a line passing through all enemies in the way so fast that only a shade can be seen passing through them (he is invulnerable during that travel). Kazuki appears in the end of the line with the sword unsheathed, in an "end slash" position. The enemies are stunned for 0.5s and after 1s the they bleed (visual only) and takes the damage (it's just a delayed animation to give flavor, so it's impossible to avoid the damage after he passed through a target, even with Zonia. The only way of protecting is before he dashes through).
Physical Damage: 50/150/250 (+0.50 bonus AD)
Magical Damage: 50/150/250 (+0.75 AP)

Secret Passive:
Kazuki follows a Honnor Code and will deal 1 less damage when attacking from behind.
He also wants a clean death for his foes in agony, and will deal 1 more damage on champions below 10% HP.

Copyrights: Everyone who liked this concept can use it or the ideas presented here freely and without asking. It was something made for fun and without gain purposes.

Check out the list of all champions I planned. You oppinion metters and is very welcome!
-Quasar, the Gravitation Ruler:
-Kazuki, the Iaijutsu Master:
-Gordoroth, the Cursed Horror:
-Sabbot, The Shadow Walker:
-Pyrothsaux, The Red Dragon:
-Ryuujin, The Half-Dragon:
-Kharla, The Abjurer:
-Hellena, the Peace Ambassador:
-Donna, the Mad Cheff: (lame one...)

Also, for helping the new members of the community:
-Astral Yorae's LoL Champs and Rune Calculator:

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Updated to fix some errors.
It's numbers are hard to balance out. If anyone have critics or suggestions, they are very welcome.

Megaman Prime

04-16-2012

What role would he be?

Esplin6296

04-16-2012

its good I was bout to make 1 on a samurai

Astral Yorae

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megames1 View Post
What role would he be?
He would be a caster fighter (not ad carry, because the idea is to not auto attack mindlessly). He could have good surviability with his counter attacks and defenses, and could deal good burst if his skills are timed right.

Anyone good with drawn would be interested in trying to draw him?

Liam Geegeeson

07-26-2012

Friendly bump Nice champion Astral. Really cool concept. Plus, I love samurais. You should make a ninja next D

Astral Yorae

07-28-2012

Thank you.
And I did a ninja already. Look for "Sabbot, The Shadow Walker". Male support-debuffer-flipping-ninja. The main post have a list of other concepts I made. You can find him there.

RockanLover

07-28-2012

Grats man u did an awesome job, i loved the reverse fury concept, thumbs up

Mathyous

07-28-2012

Overall I really love the kit and the complexity involved in managing this champions reverse fury meter and power output. I feel that he would be very challenging (yet rewarding) to play. I imagine him with a skill level a bit higher than lee sin's with a feel of "combo" system akin to riven (with an ulti kinda like yi's Q and shen's E).

A quick suggestion on the reverse fury system. Either up the fury decrease to 10 fury per second (after the 5) or reduce the wait time to 3 seconds, because in order for him to do any farming he's going to have to be in combat, ergo losing out of any fury decrease. (if he did let his fury drop back down he'd have to sit back eventually letting the opponent in lane to develop a hefty farm advantage.) I think this matter should be addressed. But overall I really love the ideas and techniques. Samurai's are always fun.

Astral Yorae

07-28-2012

Thank you for the feedback guys.
I agree with you Mathyous. I edited the passive.
I was thinking on some tweak regarding when he stands still. Maybe fury reduction is faster?

I was inspired yesterday and wrote in paper a concept of a new champ who uses gravity. If I have time I will write it down and post tomorrow. Very tatical and tricky to play. I like champions like that. =p