(Semi-Open RP) The Undercity of Zaun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

03-09-2012

She wandered along the docks, simply following the general idea of a lead she received. A rat attempted to scurry underfoot only to be crushed by her determined march. Warehouse 21, Warehouse 22, she rattled the numbers off. Warehouse 23, Warehouse 24...She stopped in mid stride, curious noises pricked her ear. "Who you lookin' for?" "Whoever sent out this notice..."

This was the closest thing to a lead she had, so she followed the voices.

Rudmed

03-09-2012

Claude rolled his eyes at the men leaving who bumped into him, another reason why he hated Zaun with a developing passion. When he heard the woman he assumed is in charge address him, he did as she said. He began to wonder why they would need it now, but decided not to question the lady.

"My name is Claude Norfield, my specialty is drawn out combat, and survival." he informed the woman as he sat down, I'm curious though, why do I need this so early?" he asked pointing at the breathing kit.

Grand Viper

03-09-2012

She came up to the warehouse door, she could hear voices coming from inside. She simply rapped on the door in what her opinion was gentle, the metal on her knuckles gently scarring the wood.

o0sniper50o

03-09-2012

((Well nobody said no so I'll go ahead. http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/658))

Emilia walked down the docks of Zaun in a much more reserved manner than she usually carried herself, her normally distinct white dress changed into brown leather garments with a slight magical layering in order to give more credibility to her short stature and unimposing appearance. A belt with two small sheathed daggers were worn for the same reason, though the knapsack she carried had some actual purpose as it carried a few bits of hextech weaponry and a letter of recommendation from the leader of a well-known Zaunite mercenary group should she be turned away. The letter was of course real but the circumstances that allowed her to get it couldn't exactly be called normal when getting a letter of recommendation. Not that it mattered much since she was as capable as the letter described her, but it didn't hurt in case these people hired based more on appearance than any actual knowledge about the person they're hiring.

She paused a bit to look over the flyer her boss and legally adopted father, Deadeye, sent her and the attached note which said, "Investigate." Of course she had to make all the preparations herself given Deadeye's nature. Not that she minded of course, a bit of challenge was always fun.

Nearing the ominous doors of Warehouse 23, Emilia crumpled the note Deadeye gave her and tossed it among the ever-present pollution of Zaun and stood in front of the doors, waiting for what would happen next.

Necromonger

03-09-2012

The door guard looked at the women outside and asked the same question. Once the notice was offered up or the name 'Blood Bride' was mentioned, they could come inside and meet the others.

"Because some of those might be defective." She turned around and answered with a smirk. "Anyway, we don't have that many masks. Just hold on to it for now. And I'm Cassandra, by the way. I'll discuss the mission once we have enough people."

She would also note the arrival of the others as they entered the warehouse. "Take a seat all of you. I'll only do the briefing once."

o0sniper50o

03-09-2012

Emilia held up the notice and walked inside, noting the relative ease at which she was able to gain access. She supposed that screening to prevent any foolhardy amateurs would come later, or maybe the person in charge was desperate for people and was planning to throw as many bodies as possible at the problem until it was solved. She ran through another possibility for every step she took, but eventually stopped at possibility number thirty-two, deciding it was better to reach a conclusion once she had more to go on. Turning her attention back to the warehouse, Emilia stopped just out of the staging area, observing the armored warrior, the maps, and several other points of interest as to get a better idea of what was going to happen.

Grand Viper

03-09-2012

"Blood bride." She nodded to the guard and made her way in. She stepped into the room and spotted an armored with a long red pony tail. She immediately strode towards her, smelling the air all the while. Something wicked was in this room. She threw accusing glares at every being, until she locked eyes with Claude for a brief moment. It was him. She would deal with him in a bit, for now she wants to hear the entire proposal the 'Blood Bride' had to offer them.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

((Aw heck... I'll just use Aydin. I just can't see Cooper fitting in at all.))

Aydin strolled through the shadows of Zaun, trying to avoid any kind of attention from the residents. She knew it was quite the risk coming to the town, she wasn't especially well received the last time she came and was at risk of being recognized from some of those she stole from. She wouldn't have come, however she had heard of one Cassandra was looking to hire a few mercenaries.

Oh I hope she doesn't try to kill me...

She slipped from the shadows and stood in wait in front of the door, greatly hoping the guard wouldn't recognize her from any kind of description from those seeking her. She made note to keep her gaze towards the ground to attempt to hide her auburn red eyes. Once asked who she was seeking, she made sure to speak in an innocent sounding voice in order to hide her own normal one.

"I'm looking for the Blood Bride."

Necromonger

03-09-2012

The mere word 'Blood Bride' was enough to grant access to the warehouse, and it was clear that the door man was just discriminating enough to turn away rookies who didn't even know the recruiter. It was dark, and the door man's silhouette was at least eight feet tall.

Cassandra saw a few more mercenaries coming in, and with only basic courtesy waves them in. "All of you -who need to breathe- pick out a working breather unit and take a seat. Some of them might not be working." She thumb points to the lockers against the wall then to the chairs.

"Well, lets see what we've got here. Claude, looks like someone who can handle himself." She looked at the first arrival. "Then a sneaky little girl with a couple of knives... who wouldn't normally be handed a note, but I suppose resourcefulness means something." She refered to Emilia.

"Everyone else come in." She called out. She organized the documents pertaining to the mission and shared them with the group present.

"Okay, long story short- some very rich person, we call him the 'Client', wants people to find and rescue his son, whom we shall now refer to as 'Bounty'. Said Bounty was an activist helping poor people from the undercity, only to have disappeared. Now, if you haven't heard, dozens of poor people have gone missing and no one really cares why. But when a rich kid disappears, it turns heads..." At that point she paused for comments, pacing back and forth, a detailed map of part zaun's undercity on the board. The map had a few markings on it, likely locations of interest.

"Bounty's last sighting was at this location. The location has no remarkable features except an elevator that wasn't there before... and a lethal nerve gas in that area coming from the elevator shaft. The job is finding the bounty, preferably alive, and bring him back to daddy. We get paid, no questions asked. The rebreathers might smell, but they're idiot proof and will make sure you don't die taking one step into the undercity. This is my hometown and as a host I'd prefer not to lose anyone to stupidity. Before we go, are there any questions?"

Grand Viper

03-09-2012

Rose half heartedly raised her hand, "Any idea as to what we should expect? Demons, abominations, the homeless, anything at all?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "And more importantly, can we trust him?" She jabbed a finger in Claude's direction.