"You're further down, you deserve to play what you're left with"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

I see this a lot. People complaining that they call something in a draft game (a certain role or champion) and then someone up above locks in and says stfu I'm this role.

If the higher elo champs are higher up the picking scale, it makes sense that they are better at this game. If that's the case, why would they not want the worse players to play the role that they're more comfortable with so that the overall team is stronger?

I'm lower on the scale since I just started doing ranked, and it doesn't phase me that I'm last pick since I can play any position.. but it's just interesting to me.

BlackJesus101

03-08-2012

yeh but not because they dont get the role because some ****wit didnt bother talking and letting the team know they were wanted a certain lane these same people then go into another game as the lowest elo dont talk and then pick a champ and say stfu im going top even after someone has already picked a champ only suitable for top ie cho gath

Mean Girls

Recruiter

03-08-2012

I don't understand what either of you said.

Mid Mia Care Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJesus101 View Post
yeh but not because they dont get the role because some ****wit didnt bother talking and letting the team know they were wanted a certain lane these same people then go into another game as the lowest elo dont talk and then pick a champ and say stfu im going top even after someone has already picked a champ only suitable for top ie cho gath
wh....whaa? I don't even...

FatTurtle

03-08-2012

It's usually better than the higher up players choose first. The lowest player is usually left for support, and it's not very hard to play support. Better players will take harder and more crucial roles. If you're in it solely for fun, you probably shouldn't be playing ranked.

Quick Rawr

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTurtle View Post
It's usually better than the higher up players choose first. The lowest player is usually left for support, and it's not very hard to play support. Better players will take harder and more crucial roles. If you're in it solely for fun, you probably shouldn't be playing ranked.
Having an AMAZING AD carry with a sucky support is worse than having a pretty good carry and an amazing support imo.

Overall, better bottom lane composition.

vulgarwolf

03-08-2012

its all about pecking order..as you progress up in elo, you will move up in picking...as you move down also..if your constantly last pick then there is something wrong...it all goes out of what when players do refuse roles and the team just goes badly

xLwang69

Recruiter

03-08-2012

Low Elo solo queue = luck of getting less troll, more team oriented, group.. gg wp

Quick Rawr

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJesus101 View Post
Cho'Gath was the worst possible choice you could have chosen since he can go mid, jungle or support as well... Just sayin'.

But yeah.. I see the logic of what some of you are saying... but people complain about being stuck in ELO hell and how much they hate their feeding team and how worthless their support is and how much their jungler sucks. Well, if you personally force individuals into certain roles then you should reap what you sow. That's all.

vulgarwolf

03-09-2012

thats where going back to normal and learning all roles...nothing worse than seeing a player talking like they know the game..after the match you mouse over them and see 11 ranked wins