Massively Dominion Quickstart Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stez007

03-08-2012

Massively editor Patrick Mackey wrote this quickstart guide for Dominion as part of Massively's "The Summoner's Guidebook" column. I think it's a pretty good guide to the basics that any Dominion newbie should check out.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...eta/#continued

Emeraldw

03-08-2012

It is a pretty good guide to start.

I disagree with some of what he mentions but that might be just how I play the game.

Uthgar

Recruiter

03-08-2012

Overall its a good article. Vayne not being good for the initial fight is a bit... Its probably one of her shining moments actually. The backdooring part applies less and less as team skill improves as well. WE NEED MORE DOMINION PUBLICITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

I've read through the article a couple of times now and it is a pretty good primer for the uninitiated. Some of the suggestions are a bit iffy (but its not fair to compare one article on a blog to the combined experience we have here), but all-in-all not bad.

Am I the only one confused why Massively is covering League, though? I thought they dealt in MMORPG news. I suppose we do have the MMO part covered...

Uthgar

Recruiter

03-09-2012

It's debatable that LOL is the only "MMO" game that competes with WOW, in player base and popularity. Of course, that has probably changed a little wit the launch of the old republic.

Basoosh

03-09-2012

I wouldn't consider LOL an MMO-anything. It's a standard multiplayer game. You play with 10 people in a "room" at a time.

Basically, if LOL is an MMO, Call of Duty is an MMO.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Well, the game is certainly Massive, Multiplayer, and Online, but I still don't think that League fits. That said, a cursory glance at some of the other articles on the site reveals that they are covering both D3 and Torchlight 2, as well.

Maybe a name change for Massively is in order...

Also, I can't wait for Mechwarrior Online.

Albert Dakkar

03-09-2012

Woah hold the phone. Mechwarrior Online??? I have some research to do when I get home.

ActionButlerGO

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Dakkar View Post
Woah hold the phone. Mechwarrior Online??? I have some research to do when I get home.
Yeah, it's going to be brilliant.

Splitting my time between this and MWO AND Mechwarrior Tactics is going to be difficult.

Emeraldw

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgar View Post
It's debatable that LOL is the only "MMO" game that competes with WOW, in player base and popularity. Of course, that has probably changed a little wit the launch of the old republic.
I believe LoL is the biggest online game out there. I'm not sure even CoD boasts 32 million around the world.

Average stream numbers for someone like Saint, are higher than numbers for fighting game tournaments. It is crazy.

As for your previous post, heck yeah. We need more dominion spotlight. So many things people complain about in SR are corrected in Dominion.