My Friend's Elo Is A Lot Lower

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

03-08-2012

So what role should I pick when I want to dual-queue with him? Should I pick the same stand-bys I use with my higher Elo friends? That would be Sona and Sona.

Prometheius

03-08-2012

Not a chance in hell. Pick the champs that dominate bot lane like gods.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Promethius is right. If you are playing with people a lot worse than you, bot lane is your best chance to hoist your team on your back, especially if you can snowball it.

GrignardTS

03-08-2012

If you're trying to carry low ELO friends, the best thing you can do is let them play what they're comfortable with, pick a complement champion, and help them play top.

They will learn and progress much faster than if you carry bottom and abandon them.

Kiddalee

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
That seemed to work this game. Cass with vamp quints vs free week Ahri bottom was evil, but the guy who really won the game for us was our Mundo. Well, and then there was Yorick's lategame damage... More testing is in order!

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
That basically means Cass, Urgot, or Yorik. Even if you can crush the other bot champion skill-wise, it's all about taking their bottom tower; as you certainly won't be able to depend on your team to hold top.

Otherwise, go top with someone that can carry, has a decent escape, and you can leverage your greater skill with. I prefer to play someone like Ez, Lee Sin, maybe Graves? Even if you pick a strong Dom champion (but one that can't do enough damage to really carry a team), it isn't good enough because you won't be able to depend on your team to actually do the damage.

Sona, Morgana, Lux, etc, they're great on a team with decent players. But you can't push a bad team to victory with them in the same way you can with others.

I dual-queued with a low-level friend the other day. Big mistake... ended up playing bot with Ez because no one else would take it. I repeatedly took bottom, but then it just turned into a 2v1 or 3v1 at bottom with my team still losing.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

03-08-2012

1600 and below no one can handle Heimerdinger bottom.

If it is blind pick Rammus or Yorick are good choices.

For draft Warwick, AD casters, Kassadin, Ezreal, Leblanc, Poppy and good choices.

Or pick a role/champ you are bad at and want to learn.