Urgot vs Morg bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

She's not all that common to see but the one I went up against last night kinda threw me for the loop.

I land an E, W then Q to slow her but she just shields and runs off back to her turret. If I ult her, she'll throw her root and aoe me, and then run off before I can even land an E or she just ults me back and can make a quick getaway.

She absolutely wrecks minions so I didn't have any chance to stack waves on her and even then with her passive she just lulz vamps all her health back if I even manage to stack some up.

Overall I never felt she was that dangerous in killing me overall, it's just that I felt absolutely useless in the fact it was almost impossible for me to push bot.

What do?

Degnared

03-08-2012

Here's what I do against morg as urgot when I feel that I need to cap her tower:

Start boots + prospectors (buy mana pots as needed, don't waste your gold on a Tear). Get in her face early, and try to kill her while she's squishy. You need to dodge her snare (which can be hard, since urgot is a fatty) and just hit her hard whenever she comes into range, BUT DON'T CHASE AFTER HER. The idea is to keep yourself between her and the minions, so she can't freefarm and spellvamp all her health back. This is dangerous early, because you can die to a combination of minion aggro and snare+soil if you get caught. However, as long as you're packing revive (and you ARE packing revive, yes?) an early death won't hurt you too much, since her killing power against you vanishes as soon as you get some MR and lifesteal (an early vamp scepter does wonders). Continue to zone as much as you can. If you take her tower, she has no hope of getting it back without help. Do what Urgot does best, and be a bully. Jealously guard those health relics! If you find yourself unable to trade with her, you either can't land your Q without lock-on (just takes practice) or you aren't building him right. First step is not getting tear when you're bot lane. Make sure you get lifesteal (even an un-upgraded scepter should keep you topped off, especially in this lane) and MR. Triforce is a really good damage item for Urgot.

If well executed, you will starve her of farm to the point where you can tower dive her. Until that point, avoid unnecessary pushing, and just last hit with autoattack (not enough mana to spam Q without manamune).

Note that this is a risky strategy, and I would only pursue it if your team needs you capping bot to be able to take top. Nothing will save you if you get ganked when you're next to her tower, and losing your tower to a gank won't do anyone any good. Sometimes a stalemate is the best you can do.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Bot lane Urgot is countered by long range minion clear champs (and Udyr).

The best solution to your situation is actually to switch to top and send your best wave-clearing top champion to babysit Morg. The funny part about Morgana is that she can't really force a fight without flashing on her target.

GrignardTS

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
Bot lane Urgot is countered by long range minion clear champs (and Udyr).

The best solution to your situation is actually to switch to top and send your best wave-clearing top champion to babysit Morg. The funny part about Morgana is that she can't really force a fight without flashing on her target.
This

Bonabon

03-08-2012

Her shield is next to useless against Urgot. It only absorbs magic damage. The only thing it accomplishes is preventing further slows from landing Q with your shield up, and she won't be suppressed by your ult.

All she can really do is push the lane, which is something Urgot isn't terribly good at. Even if you push her back to her turret, chances are you won't be able to take it from her. If you can't zone her to stop her from pushing, you're only real choice is to try and stalemate the lane. Level E enough so you can counter-push better.

Also QSS could help a lot to get out of snares or her ult as well as mitigate some damage.

Like Degnared said, Triforce is a pretty strong item for Urgot. In this case because of the bonus movespeed. Once you feel you're fast enough that you can confidently dodge her bindings, you can probably be more offensive. Bait her snare, dodge it, and bully her. With her Q on CD Morg is next to useless.

DEFACT0

03-08-2012

I hate the sivirīs shield much more. Canīt do ****.

larkhill

03-08-2012

how does morgana's shield help her at all against ur E+Q combo? her shield only blocks magic and ur Q is physical...

morgana's range on her pool is 900.
urgot's range on E is 950

every time she goes into range for minion clearing, u should be landing an E.

03-08-2012

I wreck Urgot as Morg and these people talking like they know how to kill her are dead wrong. I've done this matchup many times vs skilled players and Morg will always win. You just have to go top as Urgot if Morg takes bot. Calling in ganks will only weaken top and I garuantee that if you try to gank me as Morg, I'm going to ult and get away and maybe kill one of you.

Morg with FH, RoA, Rylais, SV, and Zhonyas will continue to wreck Urgot from mid game until late game. Also, Morg's shield will protect against the slow making you only land a few Qs if you land E. Morg can then easily level and get catalyst HP and spell vamp her way back to full pretty easily.

Aparkhurst

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
I wreck Urgot as Morg and these people talking like they know how to kill her are dead wrong. I've done this matchup many times vs skilled players and Morg will always win. You just have to go top as Urgot if Morg takes bot. Calling in ganks will only weaken top and I garuantee that if you try to gank me as Morg, I'm going to ult and get away and maybe kill one of you.

Morg with FH, RoA, Rylais, SV, and Zhonyas will continue to wreck Urgot from mid game until late game. Also, Morg's shield will protect against the DoT and the slow making you only land a few Qs if you land E. Morg can then easily level and get catalyst HP and spell vamp her way back to full pretty easily.
Black shield should not be blocking any damage from Urgot's E, if you see this happening please report it in the bug forums

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
Black shield should not be blocking any damage from Urgot's E, if you see this happening please report it in the bug forums
I'm fairly certain that I saw my shield ticking down from his DoT when I was laning against him the other day. I could be wrong and it could have been my hp getting lower making the shield appear to move though.