High ELO is easier than low ELO (but not really)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mecca

03-08-2012

tldr at bottom

I am currently at 14xx ELO.

At one point, I was 109x.

It seems like the lower your true ELO is, the harder it is to raise your ELO.

Not because of the trolls.

Not because of the AFKers.

Not because of the bad players.

It's because of the players that belong much higher than where they actually are.

The people who dodge to ELO hell to prove that they can get back up, and the people who create new accounts to queue with their friends.

How can you expect someone who is truly a 12xx player to compete with a 17xx player?

Higher ELO is much more difficult, since everyone is obviously better in general; but it's easier in the sense that you don't get people that are way out of your league in your games.

NOTE: I am not saying people get stuck at whatever elo because of this. I am saying it makes raising your elo more difficult because you have to deal with people that a re much, much higher than you.

tldr: Low ELO players have to deal with people that are 500+ ELO better than them sometimes. High elo players don't.

Mecca

03-08-2012

bump

ChaosZeroX

03-08-2012

If people belong higher then they are. They will get out. I just prove that to myself 2 weeks ago. I dodged down to around 950. Went 21-2.

People are there because they belong there.

Painguin22

03-08-2012

But the problem is that someone who should be 1700 is kept at the 1300s by the people who are really 1300 and can't fight the 1700s+ that are in that elo.

And at the person above me, 950 is easy to carry out of, it is the 12-1300s that are terrible.

Dark Amumu Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

I really don't understand why everyone types it as ELO.

It's not an acronym, it's a NAME. Elo.

mr Chronics

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painguin22 View Post
But the problem is that someone who should be 1700 is kept at the 1300s by the people who are really 1300 and can't fight the 1700s+ that are in that elo.
Thats a myth.

If you think you belong at higher elo then carry yourself out.

Sure, you will run into idiots / trollers / afkers, but eventually, if your good, you'll carry yourself out.

Higher elo is not easier, but better in the fact that there are not as much trolls / afkers, and you can rely on your teamates more.

14xx is still low elo; I still stomp people at my elo.

Eventually, you'll reach a threshold where it becomes really hard for you to get higher elo, but as you play more, learn more, and get better, it will go up.

People need to stop with this "im a 2k player stuck in 1100 elo durr"

Trollmanship

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Quote:

And at the person above me, 950 is easy to carry out of, it is the 12-1300s that are terrible.
1700s stuck at 1300? I'm gonna have to say no.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...826210&page=69

@OP There's not that many smurfs in low elo to deal with, though it kinda sucks if you have to lane against one.

ChaosZeroX

03-08-2012

Quote:

You know why 950 is easy to carry out of. Because people have no idea how to play this game at that elo. 12-1300s is easy as well. Its all new players and people that say GG when its 0-3.

f4te

03-08-2012

13-1600 is the hardest; that's a fact. I was 1813 S1 and I can vouch for this. The reason is - this ELO range is where resides

1. The incredibly bad players who got carried from the 1k's
2. The average players who really belong at this ELO range
3. The awesome players who get dragged down by the first 2 groups.

This means luck plays the biggest part in this range, unless you actually can carry so incredibly hard every game when you're placed with someone, or people, from the 1st group. This range is also notorious for people saying "I dropped XXX (usually 100-200) ELO in the past few days" in champion select. In my experience, virtually all of these people fall in Group 1.

After the mid 1600s, players are either average or great. The great ones naturally rise in ELO while the average ones stagnate in the 1600s.

Niqhtmare x

03-08-2012

ive never personally been below 1000, but with all these smurfs, and queue dodgers, it seems like all the games are out of their control

either they get pubstomped by that one smurf, or they have that one smurf on their team who pubstomps for them