Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaos Rose Stein

03-07-2012

I just had my first game as Soraka/Support.
My scores were 5/3/2.
End of the game my team decides to report me for being a noob support.
But, too bad 12 year olds these days dont understand that saying "It's my first time as support" so they report me.
Riot, do something about this please? I'm sick of going into games and having noobs report me for un-legit reasons.

AveragePhallus

03-08-2012

42 creep score. Tear of goddess. 5 kills.

I wouldn't be too happy if I was on your team, but I wouldn't go as far as to report you. Know your role..

P4R4D0X

03-08-2012

Yeah. Let me break support role down for you, man...

First, don't kill creeps. Unless you're the only one there, gold and exp are not as important for you as for the guy you're supporting. Second, buy items that have aura effects, like Aegis and Zeke's, depending on the situation. Third, don't kill anyone if you can help it, but if they're getting away and you can kill them, go ahead. It's more important for the guy you're supporting. All in all, you SHOULD be about two levels below everyone at the end. My rule of thumb to judge how good you're doing at support is 2 assists = 1 kill.

Martyrofsand

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveragePhallus View Post
42 creep score. Tear of goddess. 5 kills.

I wouldn't be too happy if I was on your team, but I wouldn't go as far as to report you. Know your role..

While his creep score and kills are kinda bad Tear of the Goddess isn't. With the recent nerf to infuse Soraka doesn't have the infiinite self sustain she once had so the tear helps provide her with that, it can also turn into a late game Archangels giving her AP to increase her heals. It really isn't a bad pick, not great but not bad.

To the OP the thing with playing support is that you are not trying to get creep kills, or even champ kills. You are trying to make it easier for the teammate you are supporting to get kills as well as stay in the lane longer to continue farming. If you get a kill it should only be because for whatever reason you where the only one who could actually land the kill. I do see you got Aegis and Reverie(sp?) which is a good start. The biggest thing you need to work on it seems is not getting creep kills, and not getting champ kills. Your main score that you should be watching is your assist, as that is what you are really trying to do.

LightOrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

just lol..

Chaos Rose Stein

03-13-2012

It's the first time I've played a support. Cheers for the advice. n.n

DinoMack

03-13-2012

lol interesting!

Lady Caitlyn

03-13-2012

I double what SacredMesa said.

I play support champions all the time. Just focus on helping your team mates getting some kills by providing them all the support they need. If you get a kill, cool; sometimes happens. I remember a few games I did with Janna where I went 0/0/20, lol. I didn't care about having no kill; the assists were good enough for me to get a good build.

Plus if you want to do even better and better, just do a few customs or bots and try different builds. Maybe you'll find one that will make you feel safe playing that champion.