Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is best champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNurichu

06-08-2012

Try Yi. with proper builds, skill upgrade builds, hes good. I suck, but I got 20/5/13 with yi, and remember not to get heal. his meditate is better than heal(yes, even by the 3rd upgrade)

Also Varus(long q range) and Kogmaw(long r range) as well as Graves, corki, Garen a bit, and if ur looking for a tank and jungler, rammus. Normal tanks: Chogath and nunu

Carrys=mostly expensive except yi, tanks a lot cheaper.

PS this is my opinion, dont super-negative vote it.

Xtazed

06-08-2012

Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
Garen
/sarcasm

HateDaddy

06-08-2012

Shen just gets banned in ranked/draft queues, oracles/vision wards destroy twitch, Garen is a strong early game champ but falls off incredibly hard late game (like most AD bruisers do). Tryn is pretty good, can't argue that. Singed is good but you have to survive his weak early game (basically hit level 6 and you're fine). Never played as Akali but played against her and she's **** annoying. I'd advise trying her out. Sion is really good late game but can be pushed around early game sadly (and if you build him AP, he sucks late game, too). This can always be survived as long as you don't feed though. Lee Sin is definitely one of the best champs in the game but like Shen, he constantly gets banned. Cassieopia is good but my understanding of her is that she's used to counter Mordekaiser more than anything. I've never played her, I can't say. But I imagine she's good. Evelyn is a joke I assume. Poppy has an annoying ultimate but I wouldn't call her strong. Mordekaiser is a farming machine but because of this, is exposed to ganks relatively easy with no reliable escape method other than the flash/ghost (I typically use ghost on him) you have available.

I'm not entirely sure what you want out of your champions, but a few there were some really good champions not mentioned.

For adc, you want Graves or Corki (Draven is overhyped right now, he'll fall in line with the rest of the adcs) because of how ridiculously tough it is to keep up with their farm.

For solo top, it totally depends. I would advise getting to know most of your typical bruisers (Garen, Darius, Olaf, Renekton) as well as some of your less-played guys like Nasus (Q-Farm = win) and Vladimir (really underrated as solo-top and can mid as well). Teemo is also good to learn, aside from Vlad he basically destroys every bruiser I just mentioned solo top. I've recently seen some really good Irelia play, don't discount her either.

Mid lane is the same deal, as any other lane is. Brand, Veiger, LeBlanc, Kassadin (always banned in ranked/draft queues) are straight burst once you hit level 6 and literally nuke you down right away. LeBlanc is really good, underplayed in my opinion. I feel like her only downside is that she falls off late game. Mordekaiser was already mentioned, I'll throw Morgana out there even though she gets banned a ton as well. Ziggs is pretty decent, but I'm just not sold on somebody being built entirely on skill-shots given his kit. If you walk back and forth, avoid his Q and W (the nuts I believe), Ziggs does nothing to you and he's one of the squishest champs in the game.

For jungling, it's all up to you. Mundo and Shyvana are used a ton to counter jungle but have incredibly weak ganks. Rammus gets banned a lot but his ganks are $$$. Udyr is really good but kind of complicated to understand. Maokai is really underrated as a jungler.. Alistar is a strong early game jungler because his ganks are really good. Late game he just becomes your typical Alistar: absorb tons of damage, spam team items, CC to death and be the MVP of your game but only go 2-4-28.

Overall, it's incredibly hard to say. I only stick to a few champions in terms of consistent play. But I try almost every champion out as often as I can to learn how they operate. This is a pretty awesome game and it's diverse champion list makes it much more intriguing. I wouldn't say any one champion is the best, I'd just say that maybe you could be the one to find a champion, figure something out no-one has and make him the talk of the town! Good luck.

Keirndmo

06-08-2012

Ryze.
Builds way too tanky for his damage.
Has no skillshots so it's impossible to dodge him.
Very hard to mess up his combo.
Shoots lightning everywhere for impressive effects.

LordPhipz

06-08-2012

Malzahar!
Best 1v1 potential, almost undefeatable 1v1 and leaves the battlefield with a kill unscathed

lacerCY

06-09-2012

Quote:
EndlessRageOP:
Well, any champion can be considered "the best" that is, if the summoner knows how to play it.

But if you're just looking for a straight answer, I'd say Wukong, Fiora, or Warwick.
\

for 1 on 1 pk...they are good...i think there is not correct answer for "the best"

Danish Vikingz

06-09-2012

There is a lot of great champions out there.. But some are better than other.. For example for the middle lane, Cassiopeia has almost no counters (no hard counters anyway), she can deal TONS OF DAMAGE and she can harass and farm from a safe range. BUT she requires a lot of skill and some serious attention to you enemies, because you have to predict their movements..

Many people may say otherwise, but I believe she is the BEST ap champion, if played 100% optimally, but in real life no one can ever do that full time..

So it really comes down to a champion you can master and one who fits your way of playing..

Danish Vikingz

06-09-2012

Quote:
LordPhipz:
Malzahar!
Best 1v1 potential, almost undefeatable 1v1 and leaves the battlefield with a kill unscathed

Have you met Cassiopeia? xD

Kryoblaze

06-24-2012

shen.... he rocks! i don't get kills but i got 16/8/37!!!!!!
then teemo... just because in one game i got 37/1/22

DubstepHippos

06-24-2012

Quote:
LazyNDead:
I think the best way to impress people is using a champion that people rarely use because it's either hard to play or it is "rumored" to be underpowered.

Example would be EVE. Haven't seen a good eve in months (not counting dominion because I think she is a bit more common in there), but awhile back I was highly impressed with this one EVE that did fantastic. She basically won the game for the other team with great ganks and she was actually useful in team fights.

Now that impressed me, not some dope thinking he's the best player, playing bs champions like tryndamere and stacking your typical IE, phantoms and bloodthurst....

So underplayed would probably be: EVE, Karma, Urgot, and Trundle, excuse me if I miss a few but I see these the least. ESPECIALLY Eve.

Now if you want OP champions to impress your friends play:

Garen, Tryndamere, Singed, Akali, Sion, a good Lee Sin, Cassiopeia.

I especially hate tryndamere and Sion. A really powerful late game champion is Poppy. My friend plays him AD and late game he has enough power to kill tryndamere with two hits before he can even pop his ultimate. He just has a weak beginning game, but end game he's boss. 2 pentakills and 1 quadrakill in one game, that should impress ANYONE.

But stop trying to impress your friends because it's best to just have fun. Everyone has an off day so you can't impress them forever. Find a champion or champions you love playing and I think the love for using them will transfer over to your gameplay and that should impress them enough.

I went 10/0 with EVE on 3v3