Is gold considered the top 3% anymore or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kidco

03-07-2012

and silver 10%?

Girofalcon

03-07-2012

1400 is top 25%, I know that.

kidco

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girofalcon View Post
1400 is top 25%, I know that.
i thought 1250 was top 25% yo

NoX Zenilant

03-07-2012

don't they determine this at the end of the season?

HunterHagen

03-07-2012

It should have changed from a logical standpoint, but the system still goes by the s1 elo rankings.

I would assume the standards actually went even lower with more players coming in rather than going out.
It can be the other way around though, if it seems more players are in the higher Elo.

churros

Adjudicator

03-07-2012

From what I have heard, for season 2 Plat will be 2100, Gold will be 1800, Silver 1500, and Bronze 1200. I don't know what percent these numbers reflect, but I wouldn't be surprised if these reflected the same values as season 1. Probably the reason for this change would be to adjust to the influx of players.

EDIT: These rankings are for the END of season 2, not during season 2. At the moment we just follow the season 1 rankings.

EDIT 2: Okay, so basically I'm saying that the badge you have right now does not have the same meaning that it did when season 1 ended. Even though I am 1950 right now (platinum badge) does not make me in the top .1% (or something) of players. And if you actually did the math out, you would see that I am not in the top .1%, I am in the top .3-.5%.

tl;dr The requirements for badges will be going up. (maybe not for bronze)

kidco

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by churros View Post
From what I have heard, for season 2 Plat will be 2100, Gold will be 1800, Silver 1500, and Bronze 1200. I don't know what percent these numbers reflect, but I wouldn't be surprised if these reflected the same values as season 1. Probably the reason for this change would be to adjust to the influx of players.
I don't get it. I'm 1520 elo and just turned gold.

2Heavy GoLeafs

03-07-2012

Quote:
whats the point in bronze and silver when you dont even give out badges for them? kinda pissed off a lotta ppl by doing that

FatCatAdventures

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Quote:
platinum is 1900
gold 1520
silver 1400
bronze 1250
but thats not what hes asking
platinum is .2%
gold is 2%
silver is 10%
bronze is 25%

kidco

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomest dragon View Post
platinum is 1900
gold 1520
silver 1400
bronze 1250
but thats not what hes asking
platinum is .2%
gold is 2%
silver is 10%