Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The reason why Dominion isn't more popular

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shacô Bot

03-07-2012

Quote:
SupremeDeity:
^

aye...the very fact that m5 is such a sensation shows how little 'strategy' we;ve actually had in SR for so long now...when a team with some actual strats and plans comes out everyone is shocked and awed...you can't replicate it in solo queue however the trust/communication just isn't there.

Dominion requires good team cohesion, but also promotes it, you haven't lost till the end and if you waste time typing YOU lsot the team the game not any1 else

Hotdogs

03-07-2012

its also not as balanced as sr

Vanra

03-07-2012

Quote:
Maku:
We cant have Magma Chamber because it caused balance issues, and yet Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar are okay? Real smooth, Riot.

If they made Magma Chamber it'd be popular for a week and then everyone but a handful of people would forget about it and play SR exclusively.

SupremeDeity

03-07-2012

Quote:
Vanra:
If they made Magma Chamber it'd be popular for a week and then everyone but a handful of people would forget about it and play SR exclusively.

Which is what happened to Dominion

PatMcGroyne

03-07-2012

Quote:
SupremeDeity:
Which is what happened to Dominion

I still play dominion because troll picks can work out really well. The game is more about strategy which makes more champions good choices.

Perih Vashai

03-07-2012

Quote:
PatMcGroyne:
I still play dominion because troll picks can work out really well. The game is more about strategy which makes more champions good choices.

27/10 Tiamat Twitch running Revive/Ignite, does work. I had something like 1800 points and the next person had around 1050.

chumbler

03-07-2012

Dominion really does need ranked mode, even if Riot thinks it isn't balanced enough for it (as though SR is perfectly balanced...)

Basoosh

03-08-2012

Quote:
Perih Vashai:
And here I thought the reason it wasn't more popular is because it's horrifically unbalanced. You can only enjoy Dominion if you don't mind having an unkillable AD Sion; a Heimer/Singed that you can't cap points from; or a Rammus that is everywhere on the map at the same time.

Sion, Heimer, and Singed, eh? Haven't played Dominion since launch week I take it?