The reason why Dominion isn't more popular

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupremeDeity

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunn View Post
I find it very fun to just run around running at 550+ MS as Yi. It can't get just better than that, especially since no one hits skill shots on me or slow me

But, that's me. I don't take Dom matches serious, I find it stress-less.
I can relate, I play Yi on Dom often (although I've been playing mostly SR lately)

Shac├┤ Bot

03-07-2012

Dominion is fun because you have action a lot, just that the objectives don't really mean ****. capturing is a kind of retarded merri go round and the non existant distance between them is just stupid.

The game is well balanced though, more than sr. the items there are just very well thought out and make sense balancewise, and it gets rid of stupid items like warmogs and dblade stacking.

Playing APs doens't really suck anymore than SR. Any burst/poke based AP is pretty **** underpicked and useless on SR as wel, you'll notice something that all the popular picks for ap mid are very dpsy, tanky and sustainy not at all squishy pokers or bursters.

In DOM pokers are still more viable because of their ability to pressure points and prevent their capture, in SR their all but dead thanks to sustain off minions and support.

Bursters are still decent in DOM, lack mobility however, very strong at defense though but there's some champs, like ap tf, who are just well below the curve and shouldn't be played whether its sr or dom.

Nikawh0re

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeDeity View Post
You can't just say something is horrible because that's what you think. There is quite a community of exclusive Dominion players who would disagree with you
that's neat, they all fail at SR and suddenly dominion is cool cause it's even more of a coinflip?

Cathari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
It "counts" just as much as ranked SR "counts".

Which is, not at all. It has no impact on your life outside of a game.
It can.

Maku

03-07-2012

We cant have Magma Chamber because it caused balance issues, and yet Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar are okay? Real smooth, Riot.

SupremeDeity

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac˘ Bot View Post
Dominion is fun because you have action a lot, just that the objectives don't really mean ****. capturing is a kind of retarded merri go round and the non existant distance between them is just stupid.

The game is well balanced though, more than sr. the items there are just very well thought out and make sense balancewise, and it gets rid of stupid items like warmogs and dblade stacking.

Playing APs doens't really suck anymore than SR. Any burst/poke based AP is pretty **** underpicked and useless on SR as wel, you'll notice something that all the popular picks for ap mid are very dpsy, tanky and sustainy not at all squishy pokers or bursters.

In DOM pokers are still more viable because of their ability to pressure points and prevent their capture, in SR their all but dead thanks to sustain off minions and support.

Bursters are still decent in DOM, lack mobility however, very strong at defense though but there's some champs, like ap tf, who are just well below the curve and shouldn't be played whether its sr or dom.
Yeah I've found that poke comps work wonders especially in that first fight at top, you can get them low enough to initiate, clean them up, and take the point

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

I would love to see Dominion get some Red attention. It feels like it got dumped out in the woods, where it will either be eaten or adopted by wolves.

Ikarurob

03-07-2012

got sick of the farmfests of SR.

got sick of the win lane win game end match 30 min later.

sick of the 45 min games that end in a loss because of ragers that spend more time typing than playing.

try if you want, theres no time to rage in a dom match.

Semour Butts

03-07-2012

Why does no one like dominion? It's fast, It's fun..

SupremeDeity

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikawh0re View Post
that's neat, they all fail at SR and suddenly dominion is cool cause it's even more of a coinflip?
Judging by your name and attitude, it's obvious why people probably don't value your opinions. You're unnecessarily disrespectful and when we're trying to have a legitimate conversation, you're throwing around completely opinionated responses that have no base or anything to back them up.