Spell Vamp on Viktor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunnar Peterson

03-07-2012

I've been playing Viktor and having a lot of fun. I was wondering if more experienced players could tell me if spell vamp is good on Victor since it seems like it synergizes well for him.

Often I'll get an item like Frozen Heart that will allow me to tank, guys think I'm quite easy to kill so they run after me and fall into my gravity field, from their I can do quite a bit of damage to them.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

zaberz used to stack spellvamp, but not sure how much he was trolling

Bonabon

03-07-2012

I can see it synergizing well with his Q, giving him a lot of effective health assuming he isn't already at full health as it would give him both the shield and the heal; one of the reasons I liked using WotA on Karma with a mantra'd shield.

Though I'm not sure how spell vamp interacts with his death laser, whether it's considered single target or AoE damage.

Sauron

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
zaberz used to stack spellvamp, but not sure how much he was trolling
He actually had greater success against organized teams when he ran tanky AP with maxed CDR. That upgraded Q + W made for a solid caster in team fights, especially when he was running around with items like Frozen Heart.

I don't think we'd run Viktor in serious matches until he gets some buffs to his passive, though (Which many reds have said Soon™ about).

Panwar

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
He actually had greater success against organized teams when he ran tanky AP with maxed CDR. That upgraded Q + W made for a solid caster in team fights, especially when he was running around with items like Frozen Heart.

I don't think we'd run Viktor in serious matches until he gets some buffs to his passive, though (Which many reds have said Soon™ about).
Not that I necessarily disagree. But the problem I found with running him tanky AP is that he's a mage. He's not like Rumble who even with building tanky still has consistent dps. He has just a few spells to throw every fight(even with a lot of CDR) and so they have to be good.

Even with lower ap values his W and R are still extremely effective, So that is your main purpose in a fight if going tanky(at least that's how it seemed to be when I played him).

Where as if you go Death Augment and build serious AP you are a squish like other squishies, But have some of the best poke in the game. Only problem is that your Q becomes the spell you use right before you die.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

If you go bot, spell vamp is always a good sustain mechanism

Panwar

03-08-2012

Oh yeah, I guess I'll answer the question about spell vamp.

I think in a situation that you are trading with the enemy(such as bot, or in a duel) it works very well if:

1. You have a good deal of it(as in WotA). Revolver doesn't seem to do much.
2. You are doing a good deal of damage with Q( more damage more vamp).

It synergizes very well with Q because in a situation where you are trading, You damage them, heal yourself, and put up a shield that prevents further damage.

However I think Ryalais is just better on Viktor, because it allows him to take less damage. It allows him to chase. He provides more utility to the team, and it makes him beefier. Also it keeps people in his ult better, which is imperative as Viktor.

So this is the problem with getting WotA. You need to get your Ryalais, you need to get your augment, and now you are mid game and WotA isn't looking so attractive because, you are not trading as much you really need to get more damage or more health/resists.

So yes, I think it's a decent item, but with item slots being so precious in Viktor, there is rarely an instance where I would rather have it over something else.