The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by concedes View Post
I saw Wriggle's Lantern and was immediately turned off since I've always thought it was a poor item on DPS champs, but you've swayed me with your stats as Corki with this build... I'm gonna try it out. This isn't unlike what I use now, but the early game is really different due to no Sheen/TF. So, question, do you rely early on whittling them down with Q harass, then going for a final burst, or do you try to gank more? At what point, like % of enemy health, do you decide it's safe to combo them down?
Hrm, early game (before the first time I go back) i really focus on last hitting, if they get within range I will throw a Q, especially if it is in range to farm minions as well, or a few auto attacks if they are being agressive, but until at least level 6 I try to focus on last hitting. One you have wriggles it is a lot easier to be agressive because you can heal off any damage in trades, but it is rare that the enemy would be low/stupid enough to warrant a W+E combo, although if they really try to rush and 1vs1 you, and you know they dont have exhaust or a teammate waiting to gank, go for it.

Mostly though, Q + R, especially when they are near minions or you have a big one, plus some auto attacks is more than enough to hold off the enemy and wittle them down, all the while you will be able to focus on minion kills... considering how high the mana cost is I wouldnt risk a valk or gattling unless its really needed, or you have golem.

bawchicawawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Can you please release a video of your playstyle?

xahhfink6

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawchicawawa View Post
Can you please release a video of your playstyle?
I've been meaning to for a while actually, since I feel there is a LOT that I could explain bettter in video than in writing, especially about farming and teamfights

Redenbacher

09-13-2010

While the early game has improved tremendously thanks to this build, I still find myself focused in to a pile of scrap metal as soon as I turn on that Gatling Gun in team fights... I wish I could buy a silencer for that **** thing.

What's your advice for engaging and being effective in a team fight? Is Corki just simply not viable on teams that can only CC one or two targets at a time?

penatbater

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
While the early game has improved tremendously thanks to this build, I still find myself focused in to a pile of scrap metal as soon as I turn on that Gatling Gun in team fights... I wish I could buy a silencer for that **** thing.

What's your advice for engaging and being effective in a team fight? Is Corki just simply not viable on teams that can only CC one or two targets at a time?
my advice is to be the sweeper. that is, come when everyone has released their abilities. timing is key. and as what the OP told me before, generally you want

you -> tank + tank -> their entire team

in that positioning. corki is extremely team dependent.

IndomitusRex

09-13-2010

Corki really is dependent on his team for survival. Two tanks (Rammus and Amumu are my favs), a sturdy melee dps like Xin Zhao, and a mage with at least one CC is an ideal team for Corki. You have to have your finger on the Valkyrie trigger right at the start of the fight to escape as soon as they go for you. Your tanks might not be able to prevent the enemy from getting to you all of the time (hopefully a lot of the time), but they should have enough time to get control of them by the time they've run through them and you've Valk'd away. After you've made your escape, just turn around and keep shooting.

Once you've gotten far enough into the game that Corki can die when the enemy breathes in his direction he should be dealing enough damage that he doesn't necessarily have to stand there and fire to rip down an opponent. A couple seconds of Gatling Gun plus a few crits should be enough to make most champions turn tail and run, if it doesn't kill them out right.

penatbater

09-13-2010

+1 on rammus and amumu. won the only good corki game with an awesome rammus tank.

wildfire393

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post

While a multi-target CCer (Amumu, Galio, Morgana are the best) is very helpful, it's not strictly necessary. A couple of single-target hard CCers can be enough, particularly if they know that their number 1 priority is to protect Corki. Taric is obviously the number 1 choice, as he provides Armor/Armor Reduction, a Stun, a heal, and bonus damage to make Corki a huge beast, but just about anyone with at least a single-target stun or knockup can do the job. Get your team at least one of Blitz, Shen, Rammus, Xin Zhao, Pantheon, Sion, etc, and have them babysit. When their assassin tries to shut Corki down during his Gatling, smack that jerk down and leave Corki to do his thing.

Also Corki should never be the first person in to a team fight. Poke with Missiles and Phos until you can get a tank or offtank to initiate, then Gatling (valking in if you are too far away) and start slamming away at them.

Redenbacher

09-13-2010

Hmm, thanks for the feedback. Now that I think about it, I believe I'm just entering the fights too soon. I always wait for someone else to engage while I poke away with missiles, but as soon as the tank initiates, I would smash E and hover in, guns blazing... which, consequently would lead to the the enemy running right past said tank, and cutting me in to little pieces to be sold on the black market.

I think I need to wait just little bit longer, for the enemy to commit to other targets

How do you fare against Sunfire stackers? I faced a team with Garen and Shen, both with 3 and 2 sunfires respectively. Ashe and Miss Fortune were in the back, annihilating the team... and going right for them head-on was suicide in the AoE... however focusing the tanks and tearing off their armor only to get to a wad of HP was useless.

It should be noted that I had a Banshee's Veil at the time, but it didn't help much...

xahhfink6

09-13-2010

Update 9/13/10, fixed a few small things, added a note about teleporting to wards, and added a teammates section at the end