The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Arpen is wonderful.

You will not always have E ready to use. You will not always be able to spare the mana. Your E may not always take everyone into the negatives etc.

You have a well thought out guide, this does not mean it's perfect or that it's the best build.

Bloodrazor/Wriggles lantern, IE and Phantom Dancer are terrible items for Corki. It isn't an opinion it's just a fact, he benefits from other, cheaper items in both early, mid and late game.

Your items progression should loosely follow the below.

Boots 1
BF Sword
Phage/Catalyst (depending on how much survivability you're going to need in the next 15minutes)
Merc Treads
Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster only, NO IE.
Phage now if you didn't get it before.
Guardians.
Finish TF.
Banshees.
Red/Blue Pots.

Corki isn't a right-click champion. You wait for your team to initiate while you snipe them and then you go in and release your AoE while focusing down indispensable champs on the other team with auto attacks.

Your sustained burst comes from your skills + autoattacks + ability to stay alive. If you cannot stay alive any team not filled with imbeciles will destroy you instantly.

Corki is most certainly not a "LOL Crit!" champion.
Really the biggest thing I can say about the wriggles is that it gives lifesteal... if you don't have lifesteal yet, bloodthirster will help you more than infinity edge does, but infinity edge WILL increase your dps by a lot more than bloodthirster. As i mentioned corki is often put in a funny position regarding lifesteal, and the ability to get that early lifesteal really helps him out and focus on his damage.

Dimensionist

08-07-2010

I love those who never try a guide out but insist on bashing it especially when something different is brought to the table.

I don't yet have the IP to try out everything in this guide but I intend to since I can see how this can be very viable indeed. There are a lot of good points that OP makes and justifies them nicely.

Also, OP never stated it was the best guide simply the guide that will get corki nerfed. If anyone has "this guide will get corki nerfed ultra premium 2.0 better than OP's edition" I'm sure OP wouldn't mind hearing about it...

xahhfink6

08-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
I love those who never try a guide out but insist on bashing it especially when something different is brought to the table.

I don't yet have the IP to try out everything in this guide but I intend to since I can see how this can be very viable indeed. There are a lot of good points that OP makes and justifies them nicely.

Also, OP never stated it was the best guide simply the guide that will get corki nerfed. If anyone has "this guide will get corki nerfed ultra premium 2.0 better than OP's edition" I'm sure OP wouldn't mind hearing about it...
Ty, and yeah, I'm not saying that this is the best guide for corki out there, but a lot of people consider corki underpowered so I wanted to be very forceful in the guide to get people to take it seriously... calling him "op" or nerfable did that for me...

To answer someone else's question earlier about attack speed, I do make out alright with just the AS runes, although I will often buy green elixers over red ones, I find the best time to get my first elixer is after my second bf sword, before getting the pickaxe for IE.

penatbater

08-09-2010

this might be the guide that'll make me spend 6300 on corki i prefer playing unpopular heroes

Dimensionist

08-11-2010

OP: With the recent change to the Lantern did it have any effect on this build? Is it better or worse?

penatbater

08-12-2010

haha same question with dimensionist ) I still take it tho, seems faster to build that item for its farming capabilities. and i realized its relatively easy to regain lost hp just by creep hitting because of chance huge damage.

SirTamarin

08-12-2010

i've tryed this guide and i enjoy it, i went 14-5-13 in a 40 min game. However it is to be noted that the tf i was facing mid juked out of 3 kils (flash and ghost, what can i say). This build to me is more defensive where you are sure about everything, like " i can kill him as soon as towers gone" or "oh boy i'm a goner"

Alternatively, i tried phreaks assorted guide of maxing gatling gun, rushin infin edge, then going ghostblade, last whisper, bloodthirster, and banshees veil and went 46 min in going 19-5-12. Side laned with it, that one is much more of a OMG HOW THE **** DID I DO THAT build. for example, i went for heimer but was ganked by a yi and had shen tp to that yi, yet i killed all 3 (basically 2 hitted heimer lol).

Overall, both guides are quite good, and i suggest to you to add a sidenote about elixirs which i found tremendously helpful (elixir of agility helped me through the time between infinity edge to pd)

Oh and to brag, in the games i've played today, min kills was 10, max deaths was 6, and min assiss was 4

Colmine

08-13-2010

really great guide i used it in a game as corki and got 12/3/9 i'd say it might just get corki nerfed again if people start playing him again 0.0

xahhfink6

08-16-2010

Few things I need to update in the guide, but I actually like the wriggles changes, as it gets the special effects for cheaper and gets him closer to his first BF a lot sooner.. I also want to put in the notes about elixers and fix some errors, but I wanted to bump this for free corki week

ChibiTushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

Thank you sir +1