Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Embodien

Senior Member

11-17-2010

same got an epic score with corki before the nerf which i have to admit you ofc caused lol. Went on with a lovely score but still am disappointed at the fact that he got nerfed. He didnt deserve it that much.
He just has so much hate i might consider manume more now....
according to your nerfs wildfire your saying that they made him worse than he was before the patch am i right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

11-17-2010

Quote:
Embodien:
same got an epic score with corki before the nerf which i have to admit you ofc caused lol. Went on with a lovely score but still am disappointed at the fact that he got nerfed. He didnt deserve it that much.
He just has so much hate i might consider manume more now....
according to your nerfs wildfire your saying that they made him worse than he was before the patch am i right?


Wildfire is my IRL brother, and the person who got me into LoL... he did some calcs in another thread, even without counting the cooldown reduction, corki will still average more damage with missles, although obviously the big ones are a little bit reduced in damage, but the small ones are more powerful


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jethro 07

Junior Member

11-17-2010

This guide is either stolen, or someone reposted it. I DEFINATELY recognize this build, its a few months old. But yeah, its a good one. Still stolen. (Leaguecraft or solomid, I can't remember.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

11-18-2010

Quote:
Jethro 07:
This guide is either stolen, or someone reposted it. I DEFINATELY recognize this build, its a few months old. But yeah, its a good one. Still stolen. (Leaguecraft or solomid, I can't remember.)


I believe that a fan, with my permission, posted it on both of those but with credit going to me... go ahead and look at the timestamps, this guide has been here since the week after wriggles came out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

betterthantony

Junior Member

11-18-2010

that morde was horrible and fed you no wonder haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

11-18-2010

Quote:
betterthantony:
that morde was horrible and fed you no wonder haha


Yeah people mention that a lot... that was the one game that I was filming in that wasn't a ranked game, and it was arranged with some players from my clan... I also had the wrong runes that game. Overall it was a pretty bad example for a real game, and I stopped filming when I realized my runes were so off, but I kept some footage mostly cause of the dragon exploits


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Embodien

Senior Member

11-19-2010

im failing corki and i dont know where im going wrong. Your build is perfect works really well. But late game i get focused alot in team fights so i get phage slightly earlier instead of a final item. What would you say to use as survival item late late game when most people have maxed out and deaht timer is really high
and do you stream your games?

Do you think the nerfs have hit him too hard?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psudokai

Junior Member

11-20-2010

xah, I've basically been using a build VERY similar to yours for a bit. The only real difference is you have 0 defensive items where as I always get 1 defensive item after my cleaver.

Unlike most I don't really notice much of a diff with wriggle's early game but for me mid game is where it really shines! Normally without wriggle's it would take me like 15+ hits and 5-6 missiles to kill red. But with it around level 10 ish it only takes me about 5 hits +1-2 missiles!!! WHAT A HUGE difference that makes. I think wriggle's is the ultimate cheat item for any carry. I used it on ashe and trist and now corki too! If anyone out there is skeptical of this item's power just try it out, even if you loose that game you will become a believer TRUST ME!

For all those who may be wondering and for you too xah here is my build in full.

Summoner Spells:

cleanse and ghost

(because I like to always be able to get away from cc, can't tell you many times this has saved my life, or gotten me a kill! especially now since you can cleanse out of exhaust i feel like there is no reason for any squishy character to not have cleanse. You can teleport if you want to, and with proper ward placement might even get you a kill or two, but i guarantee you will die less with cleanse.

Runes:

quints and marks are atk speed this gives +26%

(I don't take flat HP quints like everyone else in the world does simply cause I rarely if ever die within the 1st 10 or even 20mins of the game, an no im not some noob that plays low elo)

for seals and glyphs i take per level mp regen which is 28 per 5 secs at level 18

(xah suggested magic rez glyphs and i understand why but his build has no defensive items so id rather have the extra MP, with those runes+your natural regen+mediation mastery you have something like 47 mana per 5 secs at level 18 you can spam you skills endlessly and NEVER have to worry about mana!)

Masteries

I take 9/0/21

3 deadliness, 1 archmage, +4 atk speed, 1 CD reduction

(for the longest time I've played 3 archmage 1 deadly, 4 CD and 1 archaic knowledge to try and supplement the fact that your skills all do AP cept GG. But i recently switched to the new set up in the attempt to aid more to my atk speed, but in hind sight 4 atk speed really is nothing, so I think i will go back to my old set up, at least my missiles are just a hair stronger which can be the difference between killing and not killing sometimes...)

for utility i take ghost, perseverance, awareness, greed, meditation,utility mastery, quickness intelligence,
and presence of the master

My build is:

start with cloth armor and 5 HP pots,

if you play right this should easily cover you till level 6 and beyond. But most importantly cover your ass till you can get your coveted wriggle's lantern!

next i get reg boots

then rush for that black cleaver

finish boots - (I get berserker because corki's base atk speed is abysmal, now I know many of you out there will complain that zerk boots are ubernoob and under 99.9% of all circumstances I would agree, but if you have the 26 from runes+4 from mastery+25 from zerk, thats freaking +55% right there! And thats quite significant for 2 reasons. 1 it enhances your tower pushing ability as well as your general DPS. And 2 you need some atk speed to proc BC as often as possible, otherwise you are wasting its passive. The quicker you stack BC procs the faster you kill anything! So as a quick recap I think zerker boots are terribly noob and ONLY get them if you have speed runes to back them up! Otherwise merc treds are clearly the best boots in the game! PERIOD! If I'm facing alot of magic then i will get the mercs instead but most of the time you really just want the zerkers only in this specific circumstance with this specific character and these specific runes!)

Next item is always some form of a defensive item depending upon what I am up against depends on the item.

if its mostly magic or ALOT of CC then the obvious choice is banshee's veil

if its mostly auto attacking dps then thornmail

if its a mix of auto atk and flat atk damage frozen heart

if you would simply like to be able to revive once every 5 mins + have respectable physical def and decent mag def then GA

90% of the time I get banshee's vail. But never pass an opportunity to get a thornmail when you are up against an ashe, tf, and try all on the same team *my last game* it works wonders. I have never tried GA on corki but i suppose it could work dont see why not. And frozen heart is great cause you get more MP, a **** ton of armor, and CRAZY CD reduction! Honestly who could ask for anything more?

Next item Infinity's Edge

Then starks

last item sell wriggle's and buy a frozen mallet. phage 1st of course.



So to recap

start cloth armor 5 HP pots

wriggle's

boots of speed

Black cleaver

zerker boots or merc treds

banshee's veil, thornmail, frozenheart, or GA depending upon the other team's composition and your personal preferences.

Infinity Edge - cloak of agility 1st cause this will have the most immediate improvement on your DPS

Starks

Sell Wriggles buy Frozen Mallet

Now under SUPER RARE circumstances if by some miracle the game is still going on and your opponents refuse to quit or your team sucks at pushing when I reach that point of frustration and I just want the dam game to freaking end already. You know we've all been there you've bought all elixirs, and have the entire square inch of the map flooded with sight wards even though the other team has no form of stealth, but you're still sitting on over 4K gold you dont know what to do with. You get the idea. sell your starks and buy a bloodthirster. This will make your GG even stronger. If its still going on sell your shoes and buy a phantom dancer or another bloodthirster. I usually go with the phantom dancer cause i lost movement speed and i want to gain some of it back. I just had one of those 1hr 30 min games earlier today like this where i carried my team to victory by doing these exact things I ended with like 24/5/27 and the next highest person on my team was 11/17/9 and everyone else score was 15+ deaths and single digit kills -_- If anyone has ever played solo ranked que then you know all about elo hell. And I can say that because of corki playing him in the manor which i have described above I have been slowly clawing my way outta elo hell, one painstaking battle after another.

The good thing about corki is that the longer the game goes on the worse it gets for your enemies. There are sooooo many games I have single handedly won for my team despite them needlessly feeding the other team repeatedly. The real trick to pwning with corki is landing his GG it is the all to end all crazy insane imma kill you skill in the entire game. And the best way to land it is RED GOLEM BUFF!!! Until I get frozen mallet I MAKE SURE I CONSTANTLY HAVE THE RED GOLEM BUFF! That buff is the difference between getting 2 hard kills in the 1st 20mins of the game and getting 10 easy kills in the 1st 20mins of the game. I can not stress it enough, get it from your jungle whenever it is up! Steal it from the enemies jungle when they are not looking. Even when you get your frozen mallet WAY latter on still get that buff continuously just for the extra damage it gives you and to keep the other team from getting it.

I honestly believe that the red golem buff is the difference between a "killing spree" corki and a "LEGENDARY" corki. In many games I play I hear LEGENDARY so much that it gets annoying and I start playing progressively more aggressively just so i can die. lol I kid you not I will jump into 2v1 or 3v1 clearly suicidal situations kill 1-2 ppl and die just to end the annoying yelling, I get it i'm legendary STFU!
disclaimer: (please don't do this unless your team is clearly going to win the game)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

11-22-2010

been messing with rune choices as requested... losing the attack speed for crit had a noticable effect that I really couldnt afford when I dont get any AS til later, I tried sparing my quints to get armor pen, but the amount was tiny and I felt WAY too squishy...

keeping runes as is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

11-22-2010

Quote:
Psudokai:
xah, I've basically been using a build VERY similar to yours for a bit. The only real difference is you have 0 defensive items where as I always get 1 defensive item after my cleaver.

Unlike most I don't really notice much of a diff with wriggle's early game but for me mid game is where it really shines! Normally without wriggle's it would take me like 15+ hits and 5-6 missiles to kill red. But with it around level 10 ish it only takes me about 5 hits +1-2 missiles!!! WHAT A HUGE difference that makes. I think wriggle's is the ultimate cheat item for any carry. I used it on ashe and trist and now corki too! If anyone out there is skeptical of this item's power just try it out, even if you loose that game you will become a believer TRUST ME!

For all those who may be wondering and for you too xah here is my build in full.

Summoner Spells:

cleanse and ghost

(because I like to always be able to get away from cc, can't tell you many times this has saved my life, or gotten me a kill! especially now since you can cleanse out of exhaust i feel like there is no reason for any squishy character to not have cleanse. You can teleport if you want to, and with proper ward placement might even get you a kill or two, but i guarantee you will die less with cleanse.

Runes:

quints and marks are atk speed this gives +26%

(I don't take flat HP quints like everyone else in the world does simply cause I rarely if ever die within the 1st 10 or even 20mins of the game, an no im not some noob that plays low elo)

for seals and glyphs i take per level mp regen which is 28 per 5 secs at level 18

(xah suggested magic rez glyphs and i understand why but his build has no defensive items so id rather have the extra MP, with those runes+your natural regen+mediation mastery you have something like 47 mana per 5 secs at level 18 you can spam you skills endlessly and NEVER have to worry about mana!)

Masteries

I take 9/0/21

3 deadliness, 1 archmage, +4 atk speed, 1 CD reduction

(for the longest time I've played 3 archmage 1 deadly, 4 CD and 1 archaic knowledge to try and supplement the fact that your skills all do AP cept GG. But i recently switched to the new set up in the attempt to aid more to my atk speed, but in hind sight 4 atk speed really is nothing, so I think i will go back to my old set up, at least my missiles are just a hair stronger which can be the difference between killing and not killing sometimes...)

for utility i take ghost, perseverance, awareness, greed, meditation,utility mastery, quickness intelligence,
and presence of the master

My build is:

start with cloth armor and 5 HP pots,

if you play right this should easily cover you till level 6 and beyond. But most importantly cover your ass till you can get your coveted wriggle's lantern!

next i get reg boots

then rush for that black cleaver

finish boots - (I get berserker because corki's base atk speed is abysmal, now I know many of you out there will complain that zerk boots are ubernoob and under 99.9% of all circumstances I would agree, but if you have the 26 from runes+4 from mastery+25 from zerk, thats freaking +55% right there! And thats quite significant for 2 reasons. 1 it enhances your tower pushing ability as well as your general DPS. And 2 you need some atk speed to proc BC as often as possible, otherwise you are wasting its passive. The quicker you stack BC procs the faster you kill anything! So as a quick recap I think zerker boots are terribly noob and ONLY get them if you have speed runes to back them up! Otherwise merc treds are clearly the best boots in the game! PERIOD! If I'm facing alot of magic then i will get the mercs instead but most of the time you really just want the zerkers only in this specific circumstance with this specific character and these specific runes!)

Next item is always some form of a defensive item depending upon what I am up against depends on the item.

if its mostly magic or ALOT of CC then the obvious choice is banshee's veil

if its mostly auto attacking dps then thornmail

if its a mix of auto atk and flat atk damage frozen heart

if you would simply like to be able to revive once every 5 mins + have respectable physical def and decent mag def then GA

90% of the time I get banshee's vail. But never pass an opportunity to get a thornmail when you are up against an ashe, tf, and try all on the same team *my last game* it works wonders. I have never tried GA on corki but i suppose it could work dont see why not. And frozen heart is great cause you get more MP, a **** ton of armor, and CRAZY CD reduction! Honestly who could ask for anything more?

Next item Infinity's Edge

Then starks

last item sell wriggle's and buy a frozen mallet. phage 1st of course.



So to recap

start cloth armor 5 HP pots

wriggle's

boots of speed

Black cleaver

zerker boots or merc treds

banshee's veil, thornmail, frozenheart, or GA depending upon the other team's composition and your personal preferences.

Infinity Edge - cloak of agility 1st cause this will have the most immediate improvement on your DPS

Starks

Sell Wriggles buy Frozen Mallet

Now under SUPER RARE circumstances if by some miracle the game is still going on and your opponents refuse to quit or your team sucks at pushing when I reach that point of frustration and I just want the dam game to freaking end already. You know we've all been there you've bought all elixirs, and have the entire square inch of the map flooded with sight wards even though the other team has no form of stealth, but you're still sitting on over 4K gold you dont know what to do with. You get the idea. sell your starks and buy a bloodthirster. This will make your GG even stronger. If its still going on sell your shoes and buy a phantom dancer or another bloodthirster. I usually go with the phantom dancer cause i lost movement speed and i want to gain some of it back. I just had one of those 1hr 30 min games earlier today like this where i carried my team to victory by doing these exact things I ended with like 24/5/27 and the next highest person on my team was 11/17/9 and everyone else score was 15+ deaths and single digit kills -_- If anyone has ever played solo ranked que then you know all about elo hell. And I can say that because of corki playing him in the manor which i have described above I have been slowly clawing my way outta elo hell, one painstaking battle after another.

The good thing about corki is that the longer the game goes on the worse it gets for your enemies. There are sooooo many games I have single handedly won for my team despite them needlessly feeding the other team repeatedly. The real trick to pwning with corki is landing his GG it is the all to end all crazy insane imma kill you skill in the entire game. And the best way to land it is RED GOLEM BUFF!!! Until I get frozen mallet I MAKE SURE I CONSTANTLY HAVE THE RED GOLEM BUFF! That buff is the difference between getting 2 hard kills in the 1st 20mins of the game and getting 10 easy kills in the 1st 20mins of the game. I can not stress it enough, get it from your jungle whenever it is up! Steal it from the enemies jungle when they are not looking. Even when you get your frozen mallet WAY latter on still get that buff continuously just for the extra damage it gives you and to keep the other team from getting it.

I honestly believe that the red golem buff is the difference between a "killing spree" corki and a "LEGENDARY" corki. In many games I play I hear LEGENDARY so much that it gets annoying and I start playing progressively more aggressively just so i can die. lol I kid you not I will jump into 2v1 or 3v1 clearly suicidal situations kill 1-2 ppl and die just to end the annoying yelling, I get it i'm legendary STFU!
disclaimer: (please don't do this unless your team is clearly going to win the game)


Seems like it'd be quite solid, although I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable without the hp/MR early game, and I'd say that merc treads are probably still the best option, even with cleanse/BV

Keep up the good work fellow corki