The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Would an attack speed item right after cleaver work better? Get those armor debuff stacks up faster?
A green elixer either after blackcleaver or after your 2nd BF sword can be very helpful, especially if your team is a little bit behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunion View Post
I dont know if it was asked but what about TRINITY man if you got alots of dmg and infinity....you can hit really really nice dmg with trinity force remeber you biggest crit you ever made..and multiple it 2.5 imes.. triniry force can easely replace frozen malle i think it still have a chance to slow however it give some crit/speed/mana the thing why rinity shines on corki its becouse hes ult so its about every thrid or fourh attack will be 2.5x (I dont talk about the fun when enemy caster apporach the brushes where you sit with 5proc hp and you hit him with ult+1 attack=about 900 if not crit and about 1500 if crit..
Trinity is QUITE expensive, for an item that costs as much as infinity edge, you are only getting 20 attack damage, almost everything else is less useful than damage. Infinity edge acually is a 2.5 times damage to every crit. Btw, if you want to multiply my largest crit as corki, well: Pic related

thunion

10-16-2010

Quote:
Trinity is QUITE expensive, for an item that costs as much as infinity edge, you are only getting 20 attack damage, almost everything else is less useful than damage
well first of all you forgot crit chance that is amazing for infinity also atk speed helps to but mainly it also gives mana hp and freeze chance which ones are amazing in start game yes these extra 200hp saved my life not once mana gives you chance for 5 or more missiles its helps when you still at laning stage.. and frozen mallet is to expesnive to buy as first item however when you get trinty you have part effect of phage. if you team is good you wont need extra hp from frozen mallet

Rysan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-28-2010

great guide, +1'd.

few questions though.
1. i LOVE the early wriggles, big fan. but i find cloth armor+pots doesn't give corki enough survivability, especially in a mid lane with a hard harasser like vlad or mf. what do you think about starting with doran's blade/shield? i understand that this slows the rush to wriggles, but i think it's worth it.

2. what do you think about manamune on corki? it solves corki's mana problems (a big problem for me, personally, since i like to spam my skills), and adds a cute little boost to his AD. i find that the most effective way to use manamune is to get it as early as you can, but i can't seem to find a spot for it in your build. any suggestions?

xahhfink6

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunion View Post
well first of all you forgot crit chance that is amazing for infinity also atk speed helps to but mainly it also gives mana hp and freeze chance which ones are amazing in start game yes these extra 200hp saved my life not once mana gives you chance for 5 or more missiles its helps when you still at laning stage.. and frozen mallet is to expesnive to buy as first item however when you get trinty you have part effect of phage. if you team is good you wont need extra hp from frozen mallet
Oh god use english...

Attack speed does far far less than damage does on corki, and there are much cheaper sources of crit chance...

Pretty sure I could get a lizard buff and a green elixer and increase my damage/utility more than your entire trinity force

J Rizzle

10-28-2010

Wouldn't spamming missiles and triggering the Sheen part of TF very effective? I mean yea it costs about the same as IE, but the Sheen part isn't something to be taken likely. I'm trying to find a good Corki build since he has no CC. Just seems that TF might be slightly better. I dunno.

Nightdancer ND

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysankun View Post
2. what do you think about manamune on corki? it solves corki's mana problems (a big problem for me, personally, since i like to spam my skills), and adds a cute little boost to his AD. i find that the most effective way to use manamune is to get it as early as you can, but i can't seem to find a spot for it in your build. any suggestions?
I also have mana problems, even with my mp5 seals and want to test a Manamune, too.
It will give you a lot of damage later. But I doubt the mana reg will be enough. 7mana/5s is the same and on the Tear (as on the Meki also).

I only have enough mana for my skills, if I have the golem buff and to get that, I need the Wriggle's.

I play Corki nearly constant for over a month now and IMHO he is still broke and other circumstances annoying me very hard.

- I have to fight nearly every game to be in the mid (often a Kat is refusing to go and ruining the lane, because she makes a 2vs1 out of mid)
- I have to battle over the golem with every **** Shaco player I encounter, if someone jungles I can't forget it right away, which delays Corki also hard.
- I hardly get early kills, because of other OP heroes are took mid (like Morde) - at last I don't give them kills
- ganks on the side lanes are also hard, because I have no CC (and my mana isn't enough for a second EQW combo) - besides with Wriggle's and boots I don't make enough damage (Corki is really good, if you finally managed to get 2-3 greater items)

A Missfortune can get far better results with less. :-(

EliManningLOL

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
- ganks on the side lanes are also hard, because I have no CC (and my mana isn't enough for a second EQW combo) - besides with Wriggle's and boots I don't make enough damage (Corki is really good, if you finally managed to get 2-3 greater items)

You don't want to start ganking with your guns until you have at least the BF Sword from the Black Cleaver. After that, it's easy cake. You won't need CC when you can fire guns while you chase and spam them with AOE + rockets as they run.

QQCucumber

11-02-2010

The Corki buffs are fantastic, but LeBlanc is a MONSTER to lane against. I'm using magic resist runes and everything but she's still taking half my life with a single spell volley. What do I do against that?

Redenbacher

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQCucumber View Post
The Corki buffs are fantastic, but LeBlanc is a MONSTER to lane against. I'm using magic resist runes and everything but she's still taking half my life with a single spell volley. What do I do against that?
I haven't played Corki in awhile, or against LeBlanc, but against other champs with similar issues, I just stay out of range as much as possible, and focus on last hitting. Whenever you have the opportunity to get a last-hit and harass with a phosphorus bomb simultaneously, do so. As fink said in his guide as well, hop out of the lane and wipe the wraith camps when you have the chance. This will give you a little extra harass-free farm.

Mortenya

11-02-2010

haven't played against leblanc, but i would think you'd have to treat her like katarina, if she blinks in, hit her with everything you can. very few champs can out damage corki in the lane.