The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I know you mentioned in your guide it wasn't worth arguing, and I currently think Flat HP quints are the way to go. However, how do you feel about Move Speed quints?

With the speed from the Utility mastery, you'll start with 7.5% increased movespeed, which should help you avoid harassment, and get to and from various jungle camps faster, along with escaping ganks throughout the game. Just toying with the idea of picking up a few for a rune page, and figuring out which champions it may be useful on.
I'm a big fan of them on some characters, I use them on both yi and blitz, but I'm not positive what they would give corki.. it would help his chasing but at a big cost.

Tell me how things go though, I actually kinda want to change what I said, because I've been regularly been using a single Flat MR quint along with my HP quints, finding that i need the MR more than I need the hp... when I first wrote this guide I was trying to break the stigma about corki, but it seems that people have gotten a little more open to him, so I'm willing to suggest some experimentation

Presenc3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

hey Xahhfink6

so lately I've been trying a new item in your build.. and i got to say, it's been great against physical teams..
like, last game i tried it, went 7/6/10 (on a team where second best on my team was 2/11/3) yeah, we got steam-rolled, but the other highlight was the clueless twitch in the mid who was accusing me of "HAXs" because i could see him while stealthed... hehehe... love cork's utility.
anyway....

Atma's Impaler..
+45 armor, +18% crit chance.. +2% of health converted to AD.

So my build went, Wriggle's, MR Boots, BF, Atma's, Frozen Mallet, and then didn't have enough time to complete IE before we lost...

so my thought behind this...
Atma's: the 45 armor, coupled with FM and Wriggles, give Corki insane survivability, even if i got caught out of position, i still had the life to tank a few hits and escape... i had 2650ish health, so well just take 2% of 2600, 52 AD from Atma's.. and 18% crit, so atma's gave a little more AD than BF sword (plus other benefits), and only costs 555 Gp more...

I was thinking, you throw an atma's a wriggles, and a FM, and you become on of the hardest little *******s to kill on your team, not to mention my 6-800 dmg crit auto-attacks were then healing me for about 80-100 health...

I heard there is a new "MR + AD item coming out.. (don't know all the stats to it)

what would you think about a build that went... WL, MR boots, Atma's, NEW ITEM, FM, IE

anyways, just hear to theory-craft a little with you, or perhaps open your horizons to a different option for builing cork.

-Pres, a Screaming Yipsnake at heart.

xahhfink6

10-07-2010

That seems like a solid build for a tanky dps, but i think there are other champs it would work better on, such as XInzhao, jax, or olaf simply because it seems pointless to go offtank on a champion with no CC... if you do end up running it that way, make sure to get armor pen runes because you will not be reducing their armor by anywhere near as much

Marvelous Marxo

10-07-2010

bump for proness

IceGiants2

10-07-2010

Please put this in the guide section, best Corki guide in half a year.

Freckl3s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

how about TT?

malphismia

10-07-2010

I know this is not relevant, but do you think this build would work for Tristana? They're both ranged physical DPS with no CC, and both rely on lizard heavily, and tristana's E passive can clear creep waves with wriggles almost as fast as corki.

I watched your video, and am trying to get 6300 for corki, but im playing tristana to learn ranged DPS and work up to that 6300 lol its too bad im terrible at ranged phys. DPS, im so used to being in the middle of everything as malphite

xahhfink6

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholaus View Post
how about TT?
Corki's skills make him extremelly useful on tt, because he can jump over walls, find wards, jungle decently, and never has to face-check a bush... but the current metagame is rather tanky...

it's something I should try, I havent tried him on TT since before it was in matchmaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
I know this is not relevant, but do you think this build would work for Tristana? They're both ranged physical DPS with no CC, and both rely on lizard heavily, and tristana's E passive can clear creep waves with wriggles almost as fast as corki.

I watched your video, and am trying to get 6300 for corki, but im playing tristana to learn ranged DPS and work up to that 6300 lol its too bad im terrible at ranged phys. DPS, im so used to being in the middle of everything as malphite
It probably would work very well on tristana, as far as the item build, but I would most likely get armor pen in runes, and last whisper may be nessesary instead of the starks... wriggle's is often called a jungler item, but it really is amazing in lane, and I'm sure a trist with an early golem/lizard would be just as scary as corki with one

Redenbacher

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presenc3 View Post
hey Xahhfink6

so lately I've been trying a new item in your build.. and i got to say, it's been great against physical teams..
like, last game i tried it, went 7/6/10 (on a team where second best on my team was 2/11/3) yeah, we got steam-rolled, but the other highlight was the clueless twitch in the mid who was accusing me of "HAXs" because i could see him while stealthed... hehehe... love cork's utility.
anyway....

Atma's Impaler..
+45 armor, +18% crit chance.. +2% of health converted to AD.

So my build went, Wriggle's, MR Boots, BF, Atma's, Frozen Mallet, and then didn't have enough time to complete IE before we lost...

so my thought behind this...
Atma's: the 45 armor, coupled with FM and Wriggles, give Corki insane survivability, even if i got caught out of position, i still had the life to tank a few hits and escape... i had 2650ish health, so well just take 2% of 2600, 52 AD from Atma's.. and 18% crit, so atma's gave a little more AD than BF sword (plus other benefits), and only costs 555 Gp more...

I was thinking, you throw an atma's a wriggles, and a FM, and you become on of the hardest little *******s to kill on your team, not to mention my 6-800 dmg crit auto-attacks were then healing me for about 80-100 health...

I heard there is a new "MR + AD item coming out.. (don't know all the stats to it)

what would you think about a build that went... WL, MR boots, Atma's, NEW ITEM, FM, IE

anyways, just hear to theory-craft a little with you, or perhaps open your horizons to a different option for builing cork.

-Pres, a Screaming Yipsnake at heart.
The problem with this is that the whole point is to get your AD up as fast as humanly possible to capitalize on an insanely strong mid-game where you're tearing down the enemy faster than they can react, fed completely off heavily farmed creep kills. By building Atma's after your first BF, you're sacrificing a huge chunk of damage that is much more helpful mid-game than it is late-game.

So, you'll be tough to kill, but you won't be dealing nearly as much damage as you could be, and capitalizing on the heavy farming you were doing for the first 20 minutes of the game. If you're caught out of position, that's precisely what Valkyrie is for.

Unrelated:
I'd like to ask, I know the order here for weaponry is Black Cleaver -> Infinity Edge. Have you tried swapping the two? I would think that an early IE would be more beneficial, because the enemy doesn't have much armor yet to tear through.

xahhfink6

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
The problem with this is that the whole point is to get your AD up as fast as humanly possible to capitalize on an insanely strong mid-game where you're tearing down the enemy faster than they can react, fed completely off heavily farmed creep kills. By building Atma's after your first BF, you're sacrificing a huge chunk of damage that is much more helpful mid-game than it is late-game.

So, you'll be tough to kill, but you won't be dealing nearly as much damage as you could be, and capitalizing on the heavy farming you were doing for the first 20 minutes of the game. If you're caught out of position, that's precisely what Valkyrie is for.

Unrelated:
I'd like to ask, I know the order here for weaponry is Black Cleaver -> Infinity Edge. Have you tried swapping the two? I would think that an early IE would be more beneficial, because the enemy doesn't have much armor yet to tear through.
Well, the thing about BC is that it does actually do more when they have low armor...

but yes, if I can finish IE in one piece (from bf sword) I will generally buy it instead of blackcleaver