The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admonished

09-13-2010

I was super skeptical of this build especially since i hate latern so much but after using it I gotta say well done sir, well done. Hell I did this build sidelaned and it still rapes.

wildfire393

09-13-2010

I can now vouch for this build not only from playing with Xahh, but also playing it myself. I'd only played Corki a few times before (since I got him free and all) and did terribly, but my first try at this build I went 9-1-9 with 160 cs @ 27 minutes.

Starting with so much armor is insanely beneficial versus other physical mid champs. Scored several early kills off of the fact that TF thought he could take me with his stun and DPS, only for him to discover that his DPS is not that good when he's got a 35% miss chance and I'm sitting on a nice big stack of armor.

The Risus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Lol OP? Still a piece of **** no matter how much you buff this squishy ****

Potato

Master Recruiter

09-13-2010

No ArP marks? You're saying that the enemy will have no armor, when Gatling Gun reduces armor by only a maximum of 50 at max rank if they're under fire for the entire duration? At the pinnacle of armor penetration in your build (an unlikely circumstance), would be 130 at the end of Gatling Gun (which would fade right after it finishes), with 5 stacks of BC on the target and Stark's Fervor debuff. If you think you're going to be able to Gatling Gun an enemy carry for the entire duration and maintain 5 stacks of Black Cleaver on them unopposed, think again. After the small duration of Gatling Gun, say goodbye to that armor debuff. ArP marks provide 17 ArP and marks and quints provide 25 ArP total. Of course, the gain against tanks and beefy DPS would be phenomenal, and the gain against carries would still surpass that given from AS marks. ArP runes are still more worthy than other runes (I actually thought they were nerfing them this patch), and are still probably the best option for Corki. I'd say quints too, but they're not as beneficial because of the Black Cleaver you include.

No Manamune? As it stands, it's an absolutely required item for Corki. He's one of the most mana-hungry champions in the game, and the only way I could see your build working is if you constantly have golem. Not only does it provide the required mana regeneration, but also an insane amount of AD, which alone surpasses the item cost. Not going for an early Manamune is foolish.

xahhfink6

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
No ArP marks? You're saying that the enemy will have no armor, when Gatling Gun reduces armor by only a maximum of 50 at max rank if they're under fire for the entire duration? At the pinnacle of armor penetration in your build (an unlikely circumstance), would be 130 at the end of Gatling Gun (which would fade right after it finishes), with 5 stacks of BC on the target and Stark's Fervor debuff. If you think you're going to be able to Gatling Gun an enemy carry for the entire duration and maintain 5 stacks of Black Cleaver on them unopposed, think again. After the small duration of Gatling Gun, say goodbye to that armor debuff. ArP marks provide 17 ArP and marks and quints provide 25 ArP total. Of course, the gain against tanks and beefy DPS would be phenomenal, and the gain against carries would still surpass that given from AS marks. ArP runes are still more worthy than other runes (I actually thought they were nerfing them this patch), and are still probably the best option for Corki. I'd say quints too, but they're not as beneficial because of the Black Cleaver you include.

No Manamune? As it stands, it's an absolutely required item for Corki. He's one of the most mana-hungry champions in the game, and the only way I could see your build working is if you constantly have golem. Not only does it provide the required mana regeneration, but also an insane amount of AD, which alone surpasses the item cost. Not going for an early Manamune is foolish.

So the dozens of games where I went legendary before manamune came out... those were just an accident? Still haven't tried manamune but really I see no reason to, tear of the goddess is just FAR too expensive for an item that I don't need. If you are constantly running out of mana, you are playing the champion wrong.

As far as the attack speed marks, I discussed it in my guide, it is likely that i could increase my damage by a tiny amount by getting armor pen, but i much prefer the farming ability, wriggles abilities, lifestealing, debuff applying, and dps that I get from the AS. Also, it isnt 130 armor PEN that I can get to, its 130 armor REDUCTION, meaning that there are a lot of times when the armor pen marks would still be wasted

penatbater

09-14-2010

to add:

with the blue golem buff, you won't have any mana problems.

I'll try to do this again once im freed up to play again ) side note, hoping for a vid from OP

btw, ty OP for the new section. Now I know if I'll still roll corki or roll some other champs. very helpful guide for the 5/5, 4/5, etc part

Leviathan235

09-19-2010

Dude thanks so much for this guide. As a result, these are most of my games with corki this week (im thinking of buying him):

16:0 win
3:0 win
3:0 win
11:0 loss
9:1 loss
18:8 loss
17:1 win
6:3 loss

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

two month later... he got a buff

xahhfink6

09-29-2010

Update 9/29/10 Now with video!!! Two part video guide is now on youtube.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbwypd1pM4
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2NvBI-nYow

Captain Dildac

09-30-2010

While i dont have all the runes you do i just used your guide and dominated against an akali that was solo. Akali was a tough one with all her burst but tbh Corki is THE counter to her, i mean phosphorous bomb takes away her most devestating ability(shroud) in just one cast and while blinding the **** out of her is dealing a decent amount of damage. Nice guide, gave me the courage to try this underdog +1