Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryoh

Recruiter

03-07-2012

I have been very confused on this subject, I get different counters for each one, so I would like to hear about the counters of these Champions:

Singed, Irelia, Volibear, Kass, Ammumu, Ahri, Gangplank, Graves, Caitlyn, and Fiora.

Only answer if you KNOW the answer, and BTW I am in ELO Hell. (1k elo)

ryoh

Recruiter

03-07-2012

and the bumping begins...

RAGESTARVED

03-07-2012

I would take way too long to list every counter to every champion, so I'll try to help out in a bit more of a concise way.

Look at each champion's kit and figure out what they need to do to utilize all of it, then find a champion that doesn't let that happen. Udyr - for example - is likely to tear your entire team apart if you ignore him, but he has no real gap closer. If you were to pick someone like Urgot or Janna, with a ranged permaslow, he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Another example: Leblanc relies heavily on completely dominating her squishy lane opponents and snowballing. If you send someone mid that won't die to her burst (perhaps Galio), she would lose most of her effectiveness for the entire game.

Lampasaurus

03-07-2012

Ok, for the people you'd probably meet solo top:
Singed -> Warwick wreaks him in lane. Riven wreaks him after getting wriggles. Nasus and Irelia can farm all day against him and get more devistating late game.
Volibear -> Anyone who isn't pure mele. Voli's real strength is that he can synergies with jungle ganks VERY well. Don't get baiting in when he's low.
Fiora -> Only game I've laned against a Fiora, I played Shen. I would definatly list Shen as a counter to her. Don't know enough about her to say any more than that, sorry.

Now the middles:
Kassadin -> Someone who will be beefy at level 6, such as Cho, Morganna, or Galio.
Ahri -> Same as Kassadin, except you must also be able to push hard. Morganna does well against her. Vladamere also does quite well, as her early game damage is fairly easy to avoid, and he can out sustain her later.
Also, Talon counters AP middles in general.

For bottom lanes running AD/support... well there isn't really a tried and true counter for many of those. As a support main I will tell you right now that bottom lane is mostly decided by familiarity between support and AD carry, and ganks from middle or jungle.

ryoh

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Bumping #2

Duelpower

03-10-2012

Riven beats GP
GP beats Singed
Shen beats Irelia

I prefer to run something AD like GP or ranged AD versus kassadin because they don't activate his passive and don't mind being silenced.

Amumu=Where? In the jungle? Just invade his blue at level 1 with your team and keep times on it.
If it's late game with his ulti then janna/gragas/alistar are good counters to his AoE.