How to get to GOLD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

Senior Member

03-07-2012

I've currently been sitting/hovering 1350-1400-1450 for quite awhile now and I want to know tips and tricks on how to get higher at least to gold.

Everytime I get to Silver, I always get into a massive losing streak and then having to climb back up times and times again.

I don't know if it's just bad luck or misplays or a combo of both, but what are the general advanced tips for passing through Silver?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
I've currently been sitting/hovering 1350-1400-1450 for quite awhile now and I want to know tips and tricks on how to get higher at least to gold.

Everytime I get to Silver, I always get into a massive losing streak and then having to climb back up times and times again.

I don't know if it's just bad luck or misplays or a combo of both, but what are the general advanced tips for passing through Silver?
Probably a mix of both

For example, your warwick should never rush a madred bloodrazor. Early game and mid game the enemy doesn't have enough HP to make the unique passive worth the cost, and you are too squishy in most cases with it as your first major item

then your GP is too much on AD damage, you didn't build any resistance other than ninja tabi, making you a easy target for hp scaling attack or just pure damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Probably a mix of both

For example, your warwick should never rush a madred bloodrazor. Early game and mid game the enemy doesn't have enough HP to make the unique passive worth the cost, and you are too squishy in most cases with it as your first major item

then your GP is too much on AD damage, you didn't build any resistance other than ninja tabi, making you a easy target for hp scaling attack or just pure damage.
I never rush Bloodrazors, I fully pick it up around my 4th item. it's only first in my items list because I get the Razors fairly early for a faster jungle.

and my GP game... I don't usually build like that, but a duo queue insisted to go duo bruisers bottom with Irelia and Nidalee (probably due to CLG plays in IEM) so I went glass cannon top to try to emulate an AD ranged carry vs Wukong which worked just fine before the team fights ahah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corallein

Senior Member

03-07-2012

The fact that you get Bloodrazors at all is an indication that you're at the right level.

Warwick builds Wriggle's and Wit's End early, then all tank unless you get super fed (even then it's mostly tank) so you become impossible to kill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
The fact that you get Bloodrazors at all is an indication that you're at the right level.

Warwick builds Wriggle's and Wit's End early, then all tank unless you get super fed (even then it's mostly tank) so you become impossible to kill.
I used to go Wriggles/Wit's before, but I felt like the lifesteal proc on the Wriggles was rather useless. I go mostly tank too, I don't know if you've checked a game where I went full build with my WW, but as a jungler WW I build the same as I would with Wriggles/Wits build, but replace the Wriggles with the MBR for higher damage output when with my ult.

I would have kept using the early Wriggles/Wits End strat, but the early Razors into mid Bloodrazors works just as fine if not better so far.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corallein

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Wriggle's gives you free wards in addition to the lifesteal. Wit's End gives a lot of MR. And together, it's still cheaper than a MBR.
Warwick has so much sustain that the lifesteal may not be necessary, but extra health is still extra health. And extra MR is necessary to live through burst.

If you don't build Wriggle's and Wit's End, and delay MBR, you won't be doing much damage. If you don't delay MBR, you won't have any survivability. MBR is a pubstomp item and a noob trap. It's too expensive with minimal defensive stats for melee champions, and on-hit ranged builds are generally lackluster. The number of champions who can optimally build it is... maybe one - Teemo. No, not even Kog'maw should build an MBR. Straight AD carry build is better for him since Last Whisper adds more than a Void Staff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

Senior Member

03-07-2012

When I think about it I started the MBR trend when facing tanky/hp heavy teams and did well against them and exported the item build into my regular games.

I still think the Wriggles is somewhat useless on WW, but I should maybe buy the Wits End as my fourth item instead of finishing my MBR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
I never rush Bloodrazors, I fully pick it up around my 4th item. it's only first in my items list because I get the Razors fairly early for a faster jungle.

and my GP game... I don't usually build like that, but a duo queue insisted to go duo bruisers bottom with Irelia and Nidalee (probably due to CLG plays in IEM) so I went glass cannon top to try to emulate an AD ranged carry vs Wukong which worked just fine before the team fights ahah.

Read it again man, I said Major Item

All other items that you have isn't a major item, as they are not fully built into anything yet, the problem with MBR rush is that you don't do enough damage or tank enough damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Read it again man, I said Major Item

All other items that you have isn't a major item, as they are not fully built into anything yet, the problem with MBR rush is that you don't do enough damage or tank enough damage.
yeah as stated in my post above. I did the 4% math and realized my error and the 3800g wasn't worth it that early in the game and will go Wits End 4th item.

I still think the Wriggles is useless though and will build the razor into blood late game:P