Arab / adab

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iniquity77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

If Riot were to create a game mode fine tuned specifically for ADAB (All Draft All Bottom) or ARAB (All Random All Bottom), I feel they'd gain a lot more interest in their product as a whole. SR and Dominion are both fun in their own way, but there is a reason why Dominion has lost interest dramatically in the past months.

SR is long and drawn out game that requires an extensive amount of individual and team strategy that can end up being highly frustrating or highly rewarding.

Dominion is a fast paced capture the point game that lacks the degree of strategy SR needs and doesn't encourage team fighting like SR does. Other then the fact that the game is fast, you can enjoy full builds faster, and can find cool stuff in the jungle, there isn't much Dominion offers compared to SR.

I do feel this can be changed by ditching the whole capture the point concept. This is a little extreme, but I feel that if they embraced a fast-paced concept that Dominion has but revolve the game play around constant team fighting they'd make an incredible game mode. People will be able to learn how to team fight more efficiently in SR because of the practice they get from ARAB/ADAB. They'd also understand how effective their build can effect their performance in team fights and what items to get in order to counter others. Obviously, they can learn this stuff in SR, but not at the rate or pace ARAB/ADAB can offer. I know I wish I had a ARAB or ADAB when I was newer in order to learn the game and items better. It'd be a lot more forgiving to mistakes and newer players are less likely to feel the wrath of a often troll and flame based community. This encourages replayability and may produce higher quality players once they hit 30.

I feel this can also be turned into a very competitive e-sport. It'd be very fun to watch some of the top players in LoL go head to head for 20+ minutes of pure team fighting. It gets a little old watching people last hit and poking each other for 10+ minutes. By no means am I trying to disparage the SR e-sport dynamic, but I feel ARAB/ADAB can offer a refreshing change in the e-sport world of DOTA.

I don't expect all of you to agree with me. But I hope you can comprehend where I'm coming from and can rationalize the reasoning behind the thought process as to why Riot should go all in with the concept of ARAB/ADAB and begin to transition away from Dominion's capture the point game play; even if that requires them to stop making a billion of new champions people can barely afford unless they play 4 hours a day. But that's a separate issue though.

FDru

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killinhoes View Post
Hell, I may be in the minority on this.
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh... that.

Bonabon

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killinhoes View Post
Dominion ... doesn't encourage team fighting like SR does.
wat?

Roundabout

03-07-2012

Never played in one of these but it sounds fun. Can anyone let me know how to get involved?

Iniquity77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Swag View Post
Never played in one of these but it sounds fun. Can anyone let me know how to get involved?
Sure!

Play--> Custom--> Join Game--> Search for a game related to ARAB or ADAB.

It's still underground and many people want 30's in their games.This is a downside right now and is one of the many reasons why I want Riot to make this an official game mode of theirs.

MilesMcStyles

03-07-2012

I've played ARAB before and I've never seen a teamfight happen once. I don't consider lobbing whatever pokes I have every time it's up for 10 minutes straight a teamfight. I've never seen melee do anything in ARAB except get kited 2 feet before 5 ranged abilities simultaneously converge on that poor *******. And being as you aren't allowed to flank/go around/go back to base, the meta for good champs has become an incredibly "Risk Free" play-style.

All ADAB solves is the less ragequitting in lobbies as everyone goes off and grabs whatever poke/range/kite classes available, but the "fights" really are just lobbing pokes in a lane for 20 minutes. That sounds like SR, if you ask me.

ARAB isn't real teamfights.

Basoosh

03-07-2012

While I don't feel you are giving Dominion a fair shake in your 'analysis', an official game mode like this could perhaps be fun. What would the rules be? What would the goal be? First team to X amount of kills wins?

Iniquity77

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
I've played ARAB before and I've never seen a teamfight happen once. I don't consider lobbing whatever pokes I have every time it's up for 10 minutes straight a teamfight. I've never seen melee do anything in ARAB except get kited 2 feet before 5 ranged abilities simultaneously converge on that poor *******. And being as you aren't allowed to flank/go around/go back to base, the meta for good champs has become an incredibly "Risk Free" play-style.

All ADAB solves is the less ragequitting in lobbies as everyone goes off and grabs whatever poke/range/kite classes available, but the "fights" really are just lobbing pokes in a lane for 20 minutes. That sounds like SR, if you ask me.

ARAB isn't real teamfights.
Sounds like you don't haven't played it that much. It starts off as poking like every team fight. And even on the Dominion map that isn't created for the ARAB purpose, there IS flanking that's possible even though it's a little difficult. I'd argue Dominion is also a "Risk Free" play style as long as you stick to your basic principles on what to do. And you CAN go back to base if you don't have the two capture points. It allows for the team with the current disadvantage a chance to get health which the offensive team can't do, making for a competitive match. ANOTHER good thing about ARAB/ADAB, is the game is NEVER over until a team has 0 resources.. You can come back from 1 resource and win if you begin to scale into late game better or become more organized with who you're targeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
While I don't feel you are giving Dominion a fair shake in your 'analysis', an official game mode like this could perhaps be fun. What would the rules be? What would the goal be? First team to X amount of kills wins?
Just like dominion except there's only two points to capture. Get the other teams resources to 0. They begin to lose resources once you've captured the two points. The rate in which the other team loses resources could be tweaked and also the items that can be used could also be addressed. You could bring back the items that were banned from Dominion that are in SR.

The Codyman

03-07-2012

ARAB's have been like my new favorite thing to do, on dominion the gold and exp is perfect for it, however I get sick of the people who go off and up into the jungle, I dont mind that one lane above the bottom one has a heal which is fair, but back capping through that little area is not really in the essence of the game.

Basically there needs to be a 1 lane concept, and until we get it things are just gonna be a coin flip, and the rules I think need to be fairly standard.

RealWolf M

03-07-2012

Sorry, you are trying to say that dominion has less strategy than SR?

You sir, are an idiot