Scared to play 5s....Champ suggestions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Newfie007

03-07-2012

tl;trt: What are the fail-proof champs for each of the 5 rolls. Not looking for the best

I've played 99% of my games on 3s Map (a friend that introduced me to the game plays 3s...and I fell in love).

Basically I'm getting a little bored with the map and need a change....but I'm scared to head into 5v5 at lvl30 (around 350 games won on 3s) without much experience on SR.

I think I know the meta for 5s from reading around. Just need to know strong champs for starting out on 5s. Not necessary the best champs...but ones that can bounce back. Get what I'm asking? lol

Top: GP?
Mid: Morde?
Jungler: Shy?
Solo Carry: Graves?
Support: ???

(I have most of the champions...Riot loves me)

Luthien Kess

03-07-2012

Top: GP, Yorrick (with correct runes/masteries), Rumble
Mid: Cass (with skillshots), Brand, Kennen
Jungle: Shy, Lee Sin (much higher skillcap), Skarner
AD Bot: Graves, Cait, Sivir
Support: Taric, Sona, Janna

Newfie007

03-07-2012

Thanks mate. Only missing the support champs and Cass lol.

Tokinatoor

03-07-2012

he forgot soraka support

Sylvinite

03-07-2012

with heros simalar to the ones listed above as long as ur good with the hero and it falls into the needed requirements for the slot like a top hero u should be good to go

LichKingRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Support is situational m8. If you want high sustain/ defensive farm go soraka. If you want offensive, either Jana/Leona ( Leona being most aggressive of all supports with no sustain) If you like mixed go Alistar ( very situational again). Taric with MF or Vayne. Oh and btw NuNu support with KogMaw has been popular for a while and being used so much in IEM Hannover right now.

People don't even put Rammus into Jungle coz he's 100% banned lol.

Newfie007

03-08-2012

Tried Taric on support with Vayne (vs graves/shen) and we got wrecked. Next game I went Shy in jungle and it went better. 5s is a totaly different beast than 3s.

I thought Support would be easier to start 5s with. Mostly I felt useless on bot. :S

Thanks for the tips LichKingRaider. Maybe I'll try out Janna...as we were pushed against our own tower 99% of the time. Me having no mana left from healing Vayne non-stop.

Lhuarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Hey there, I was in a similiar situation just like you with switching over to 5s. My topic should be floating around here somewhere or if you search for it I believe its titled "Alright Here Goes".

Not sure if you are doing premades with some friends or not but thats what helped a lot with my switch. Feel free to add me if you are interested in playing considering we are all still in the process of learning and switching together.

The switch is a devlish thing I tell ya, I'm already addicted.

Goodluck!

HeathenAntics

03-08-2012

I remember I used to only play 3s, then I started to play 5s and hardly look back.

Neoman321

03-08-2012

Maokai is a very good jungle. Stack saplings at blue at 1:22 and you pretty much have an easy blue.