Need Advice, always under level as support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metaphisto

03-08-2012

Under leveled as support? You must be doing it wrong. By the end of the laning phase I am generally the same level as the carry. How? Set up kills for your carry. Harass your opponents to near death or force them back to base. More often than not (depending on your level, elo, etc.) your opponents will stay in lane with 4 hp.

Virgil

03-08-2012

If your team is doing what they should be (farming) they will outlevel you and this is fine since you're not there to deal "tons of damage."

Nothing compares to how awkward it is when you're support Janna and the only level 18 on your team.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Rarely are you ever going to farm a creep wave in a solo wave. Almost always you're going to be roaming placing wards, or with your team meaning that you will just never get solo lane xp and pretty much always be behind. You can take the xp mastery in the utility tree, but I feel it hurts your laning a bit. Defense tree will let you be a little more aggressive and able to soak up a little more dmg when it does come to team fights. Some of this as well is how you prefer to play your supports and what specific supports you want to play.

Lerry the Lebster

03-08-2012

Being under leveled just means you are doing your job of warding and killing enemy wards.

Stanky Purp

03-08-2012

i use the exp masteries and i lvl just fine

Diddle

03-08-2012

When I play janna I generally stay the same level as the carry and if I start to fall behind I start to roam and clear wards and the occasionally minion wave which catches me up a little but I would rather my team get all the exp because im really just there for my shield and my ult

Mortamor

03-08-2012

As long as you're keeping yourself and your carry alive, you're doing it right as support. Level doesn't mean too much, as long as you've got a maxed heal/shield by midgame.

Sephrinx

03-08-2012

If you are continually finding yourself underlevel, take a look at how you are playing and what is happening in the game.

Are you in Exp range from mob kills? If not, try and attach yourself to your carry's hip to ensure exp from each mob, if you miss 3-4 mobs, that could be the difference in hitting 6 mid fight, Ctrl+R'ing and Busting that ult out, whether u be sona, soraka, or which ever support you play. It's happened to me a few times and saves me and possibly even the game.

Did you happen to grab the exp masteries? It really does make a difference, instead of needing to get to lvl 18, esssentially you only need to get to 17, exp wise that is. It can help you out lvl your lane, and when that happens you can snowball your carry like mad.

Did your carry get a kill, but you no assist? Idk how you can support and not get assist from your carry's kills, that just doesn't make sense and therefore I rule it out. But, it can happen occasionally.

So, it is either you being out of place, i.e, out of minion Exp range and or failing to get assist on kills. If you are still struggling to stay on par with your team/opponents you should try a new strategy... Of which, idk what to say =/